Erie Pa

Donald Beckwith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I was hoping to find other local reefers around my area and see if there was a club or group. I would enjoy getting involved or even just talking to local reefers.

OP
OP
D

Donald Beckwith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the city on the edge of millcreek. I have a 30 gallon mixed reef and been in the hobby about a year now.

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I have had aquariums my entire life. At one point we had 3 in the house and a pond out back. Been into saltwater for about 20 years now. (Wow! I feel old, now.) Just got into reefing successfully about a year ago. Which side of Erie? West, East, or South? Just curious!

OP
OP
D

Donald Beckwith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the west side of Erie. I am really enjoying the hobby so far and cant wait to move up to a bigger tank. Would you be able to post a picture or a link of your tank?

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200508_111902.jpg

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any good LFS in Erie. I am just over the boarder in Ohio and have to travel 45 min West to find a good store. Wondering what is out east.
There are only 3 stores left in Erie that sell saltwater fish. Petco (be extremely cautious when buying there), Buzz 'n B's is a small LFS with nice specimens, but still watch what you buy. And Sea Cave is kind of the go to place. They have been in business for over 30 years, maybe more. They always have beautiful fish, inverts, and corals. They carry a lot of supplies (watch for expiration dates, though) and the husband/wife team is extremely knowledgeable and kind.

t24tate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer to Erie and not new to fresh or salt but relatively newer to a reef. Do we have a reef club in the area?

doughnutpatrol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer to Erie and not new to fresh or salt but relatively newer to a reef. Do we have a reef club in the area?
There's an Erie Aquarium Society group. They have auctions and meetings every month. Been to one auction and follow them on fb. Not a bad group for this area. Other than that I don't know of anything else. There is an Erie Saltwater group on fb but they aren't very active or post very often.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back