0   0   0
House Party Horse Dude GIF

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What flavor of wrasse is she? I have flatworms in my 29, and I got a mele to help with them, but he's doing a crappy job
Halichoeres chrysus, shes doing an amazing job grabbing the acoel flatworms. Or is it aceol?

Haven't seen one on the glass in a couple of days.

I guess all the working fish can be a hit or miss. I'm still thinking about adding springers, i just dont like damsels.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres chrysus, shes doing an amazing job grabbing the acoel flatworms. Or is it aceol?

Haven't seen one on the glass in a couple of days.

I guess all the working fish can be a hit or miss. I'm still thinking about adding springers, i just dont like damsels.
I tried a springer, but all she did was swim around and look pretty lol. I'll have to see if I can find a golden fish and give it a try. I'll have to figure out where to put the mele, though. Stupid Bruce the Red Tail Shark is still alive, which means the 125 is still freshwater, so that's not an option, unfortunately

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried a springer, but all she did was swim around and look pretty lol. I'll have to see if I can find a golden fish and give it a try. I'll have to figure out where to put the mele, though. Stupid Bruce the Red Tail Shark is still alive, which means the 125 is still freshwater, so that's not an option, unfortunately
Every red tail shark I had was evil. I don't think they liked being in a 55g. But, I'd buy them as little guys. Get them to full adults and sell them for near 50 each. Never knew why people would pay that...

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every red tail shark I had was evil. I don't think they liked being in a 55g. But, I'd buy them as little guys. Get them to full adults and sell them for near 50 each. Never knew why people would pay that...
It's just Bruce, a trio of freshwater angels and some kuhli loaches in that tank. If he tries to put his aggressive pants on, the angels make sure he takes them back off real quick LOL

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's just Bruce, a trio of freshwater angels and some kuhli loaches in that tank. If he tries to put his aggressive pants on, the angels make sure he takes them back off real quick LOL
I kept 5 discus, 1 breeding pair. Never could keep angelfish alive. Such wonderful fw fish. And they wouldn't last a month. :(

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept 5 discus, 1 breeding pair. Never could keep angelfish alive. Such wonderful fw fish. And they wouldn't last a month. :(
my gma and gpa when i was growing up.... bred angelfish and sold to lfs.

still remember all of the brine shrimp hatcheries and automated feeding lines thumb tacked to the wall in the kitchen running to the tanks.

my grandpa was a hillbilly engineer , the finest

:D good memory share

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my gma and gpa when i was growing up.... bred angelfish and sold to lfs.

still remember all of the brine shrimp hatcheries and automated feeding lines thumb tacked to the wall in the kitchen running to the tanks.

my grandpa was a hillbilly engineer , the finest

:D good memory share
You wanna k ow the cool thing about discus fry? The parents produce a substance to feed them with. So, they nurse off their parents slime coasts for 2 to 3 weeks.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume bertha is your clown tang?
Bertha is the Colt coral , things huge. It came pretty big as a piece from @F i s h y but its doubled id say.

What clown tang? :D
Blue Hippo tang
THICCc regular clown
and the baby coris wrasse who is pretty wide for a wrasse

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wanna k ow the cool thing about discus fry? The parents produce a substance to feed them with. So, they nurse off their parents slime coasts for 2 to 3 weeks.
you dont have to do anything at all? geesh.... discus are the only freshwater fish i think id like. the colors are amazing.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you dont have to do anything at all? geesh.... discus are the only freshwater fish i think id like. the colors are amazing.
You need proper foods in 2-3 week age. I used mosquito larvae, fresh out of a river were we got watercress. I'd farm a lot of random larvae in spring/summer for them. They'd also eat flakes after they stopped clinging to parents. About 3 or 4 weeks. About the size of a quarter and ready for a loving home. That understands how delicate they can be.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh.. you must keep water clean as possible. I'd do water changes daily.

Thats where the real work came in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back