Erin O's 75G Build

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my CUC today. I had ordered 20 blue leg hermits, 10 dwarf ceriths, and 10 nassarius to be split between The Enabler and The Enabler Junior. I ended up with 21 blue legs, 10 nassarius and 70 or more dwarf ceriths! Holy cow! What am I going to do with that many?! I mean, a lot of them are teeny tiny itty bitty, but still!
I also stopped into my lfs while I was waiting for the CUC to be delivered. I wanted a hi fin red banded goby, but the supplier told the owner not to count on getting any any time soon. So i grabbed this little wheeleri goby. Looks like I'll be on the look out for a randalls pistol shrimp soon

20200529_155607.jpg 20200529_160015.jpg
Beautiful fish! In my experience, the dwarf Ceriths carry on like rabbits, so it does not really matter how many you start with.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish! In my experience, the dwarf Ceriths carry on like rabbits, so it does not really matter how many you start with.
I recommend cutting down on the romantic songs.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find the words to thank those that have helped me get these tanks started, and nothing does justice to the amount of gratitude I have for you. So, simple and to the point is what you're getting lol. Thank you! Thank you to those that sent the things I needed to get the tanks up and running, and thank you to those who have given me advice and encouragement. I couldn't have done this, and won't be able to do this, without you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
@Katrina71 @Lowell Lemon @najer @sfin52 @NY_Caveman @Dolelo96 @Scratch08 @fishguy242 @DownSouthBandit @StatelineReefer @JoshH @Fin
I know I'm missing people, and I'm sorry. If I missed you, please know that I appreciate you

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had better keep us posted on both tanks or I will send someone around to give you a non decaf spank! ;)
You got it! Lol. Well, you saw the latest update on The Enabler. Now, here's The Enabler Jr. Its got 2 clowns (Coral and Nemo; the kids named them), and a neon blue goby (I know, its a little overstocked; let me just say that my husband is the reason for that and I didn't want to really get after him, since we're trying to get him involved and enthusiastic about the switch to SW; he knows to discuss any future fish for any of the tanks with me from now on). It also has some of the blue legs, dwarf ceriths and nassarius that I got on Friday. On several occasions, I've caught the kids sitting in their chairs in front of the tank and Evie will be making up a story about what's going on in the tank for Ronan's entertainment lol. While Evie can't do any of the actual testing for the tanks, it is her job to check the salinity of both tanks every morning. She really enjoys that ;Happy
20200531_142830.jpg

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking ahead to when I can add some corals to EJ, and I'm wondering about lights (I've got the 29g covered; I'll be using an OR T247). Right now, I have a Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED (I think). Lights are incredibly confusing to me, for some reason, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be best for a 10g. Whatever lights I get, they can't be expensive. Any advice you can give would be appreciated :)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi how are tanks doing?
Good! Everyone in the 10g is eating well and the ammonia is still 0 (I may be a little obsessive about checking it lol). In the 29g, the wheeler goby is really coming out of his shell. He lets me know when he thinks its time to eat. He comes to the front of the tank, hangs out on the rock, and stares at me. I don't negotiate with terrorists, so he has to wait to get his food lol. Today, I got my green clown goby! He's so darn CUTE!!! I haven't been able to get a very good pic yet, but when I do, I'll post it ;Happy

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back