OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Stefan had to rub it in that he got to see my clown babies lol. Every time I see that hammer and those 2 torches, MAN! I can't wait to be able to get some just like them! I'm going to be so jealous of whoever does get them lol. Stefan said something about a pink and green hammer? Got pics? I might need one like that too! Lol

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paulie069, I'm bringing you over to my thread so I don't clog Frank's with questions lol. What size is your tank? What do you have for powerheads? I'm guessing that you have it set to a lower flow for the ponies?
It is a big misconception that seahorses don’t like the heavy flow that is an old school thought that has been revised as people are grown to realize that they find that the ponies actually play in the power head blowing around and then swim right back to it for 1015 minutes at a time,, also amount of ponies in tank rule I’ve already proven wrong for years now. I’ve got a 65gal tank and a 30gal sump, and all my ponies are happy and healthy all 32-34 of them

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a big misconception that seahorses don’t like the heavy flow that is an old school thought that has been revised as people are grown to realize that they find that the ponies actually play in the power head blowing around and then swim right back to it for 1015 minutes at a time,, also amount of ponies in tank rule I’ve already proven wrong for years now. I’ve got a 65gal tank and a 30gal sump, and all my ponies are happy and healthy all 32-34 of them
Oh I have 2 small wave makers in tank set on low to medium most of time and it’s really only for the coral
I used to have 13 ponies in a 20gal tank that for over 2 years no power head ,, never had a problem. Click on my build thread n comb thru it. I’m a seahorse junkie and I always give away FREE SEAHORSES as I feel they are for smiles not profit gave away about 50 ponies this year alone

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love, love, LOVE! ;Happy
Erin one other thing I would like to point out is that I keep my tank at 72.5-73 all year long lots people told me that I wouldn’t be able to keep coral,, well that’s another thing I proved them wrong about,, as I have 30 or so corals in there and they ALL do well , nice colors, and they grow n multiply, though I would admit that they don’t grow very fast but they do grow. Plus the ponies I have prefer cooler temps because their from North Atlantic Ocean and it’s cooler waters here

80C7772A-9361-4ADA-9C56-D241857E80DD.jpeg

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erin one other thing I would like to point out is that I keep my tank at 72.5-73 all year long lots people told me that I wouldn’t be able to keep coral,, well that’s another thing I proved them wrong about,, as I have 30 or so corals in there and they ALL do well , nice colors, and they grow n multiply, though I would admit that they don’t grow very fast but they do grow. Plus the ponies I have prefer cooler temps because their from North Atlantic Ocean and it’s cooler waters here

80C7772A-9361-4ADA-9C56-D241857E80DD.jpeg
Thank you so much for the information! I'm going to start researching seahorses a little more in depth. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you, if you're willing :)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: The 75 is being drained of fresh water as I type this! I'll get it cleaned out this week. My husband has this week off (there's still a chance he'll have to go in though), so the plan is for him to get the new stand built. I want the tank ready to go before I order my rock. We've started stockpiling RODI, so I'll be ready to mix salt when the time comes. MY plan is to get a live rock package from TBS. I'm really hoping that he goes along with my plan. I guess I'll find out this week lol.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:)hi, not sure if ever saw the 125,with the angels;)what skimmer are you using on 75? are you going with sump on 75?:)..tease.."where we going":p
WP_20201018_11_23_15_Pro.jpg

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: The 75 is being drained of fresh water as I type this! I'll get it cleaned out this week. My husband has this week off (there's still a chance he'll have to go in though), so the plan is for him to get the new stand built. I want the tank ready to go before I order my rock. We've started stockpiling RODI, so I'll be ready to mix salt when the time comes. MY plan is to get a live rock package from TBS. I'm really hoping that he goes along with my plan. I guess I'll find out this week lol.
Check out KP Aaquatics as well for the live rock...they will ship in water if you want...little more expensive though...and very little if any die off when shipped that way. ;)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have reached the pinnacle of reefing! Congratulations!
Thats nothing but truth
Maybe an inch, now in the puddle! ;)

DSC_0006 (1024x758).jpg
Pink streaked wrasse?
Yeah, Stefan had to rub it in that he got to see my clown babies lol. Every time I see that hammer and those 2 torches, MAN! I can't wait to be able to get some just like them! I'm going to be so jealous of whoever does get them lol. Stefan said something about a pink and green hammer? Got pics? I might need one like that too! Lol
I did. Fhey are gorgous pics dont do them justice
...now no drooling on your keyboard ;) :)
WP_20201025_12_31_02_Pro.jpg

and these guys just wanted to say hi:)
WP_20201025_12_33_16_Pro.jpg
Wrong one the pink is up and to the right.
About time

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back