Erin O's 75G Build

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:DBoogie ,has a hint for you...:p??...not tellin...;):)
IMG_E2323.JPG

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry @Lost in the Sauce. I didn't get around to cleaning the glass or getting any pics. I had to help with some issues at the barn. I DO, however, have some pics of my fella. I hope they'll serve as substitute :)
20211205_210720.jpg
20211205_210657.jpg

That fella in the background of the first pic is Seamus' cousin. They have the same great grandfather (or something like that; I'll have to look at their papers again lol)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I finally got a pic. I really need to get one of those lens kit thingies, because I'd love for you all to see how beautiful it is under blues. I feel like you're missing out! Lol
20211207_115801.jpg

Still battling the hair algae, as you can see, and the cyano has reared its ugly head again (though on a much smaller scale so far) but I'll get it under control

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I finally got a pic. I really need to get one of those lens kit thingies, because I'd love for you all to see how beautiful it is under blues. I feel like you're missing out! Lol
20211207_115801.jpg

Still battling the hair algae, as you can see, and the cyano has reared its ugly head again (though on a much smaller scale so far) but I'll get it under control
That is beautiful, as is. No need for blues to make it look pretty, but I guess that is just me lol.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211207_115801.jpg

Nice system.
Get a cell phone lens kit it makes a huge difference. It gives an accurate picture of the color of your corals. I should have had one from the startup of my 120.
20211127_153737.jpg
20211127_153721.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211207_115801.jpg

That is beautiful, as is. No need for blues to make it look pretty, but I guess that is just me lol.
Steve's right..... as always.
but if you feel the need, orange cellophane over the lens works just as well.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice system.
Get a cell phone lens kit it makes a huge difference. It gives an accurate picture of the color of your corals. I should have had one from the startup of my 120.
20211127_153737.jpg
20211127_153721.jpg
don't know about "an accurate pic".
stuff wasn't black lite glowing on any of the scuba dive i did.
i'm thinking maybe making dive masks with orange lenses and blue led spotlights attached. :rolleyes:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm thinking maybe making dive masks with orange lenses and blue led spotlights attached. :rolleyes:
Doesnt work that well lol. Tried it a few years ago lol. Taped some orange filter to the inside of my mask over one eye and used a sealed 420 nm flashlight. Unless the light was 1/2" from the coral, almost no glow. Not sure why, but assume it has to do with dissolved organics and the massive amount of sunlight obscuring the blue. Was hoping that it would work for when I collected shrooms, zoas and rfa when diving in S. FL. Could be able to sort of see what they would look like under blues, but didnt.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree any of the snorkeling adventures I've been on no crazy glowing corals. They where still beautiful. I prefer my reef with more white. The fish are just as important as the coral.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt work that well lol. Tried it a few years ago lol. Taped some orange filter to the inside of my mask over one eye and used a sealed 420 nm flashlight. Unless the light was 1/2" from the coral, almost no glow. Not sure why, but assume it has to do with dissolved organics and the massive amount of sunlight obscuring the blue. Was hoping that it would work for when I collected shrooms, zoas and rfa when diving in S. FL. Could be able to sort of see what they would look like under blues, but didnt.
I wonder how it would look at night or on a darker cloudy day.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how it would look at night or on a darker cloudy day.
Proabably would work at night. I know I can look in the buckets and coolers with the light on the trip back in when it is almost dark and it works. Cloudy, not so sure, as there is a ton of UV and stuff that makes it through the clouds.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back