Erin's 120

Emc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
330
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on this for months so its a bit late for a build thread. I've been running this tank as a planted tank for a few years. It looked like this when it was first set up (I did not take this picture :)). As I grew bored with it the aquascape eventually fell apart. I knew I had to do something with it and didn't have the interest in another freshwater tank. It was time to turn it into a reef and start the process of tearing down my 58.

This picture of it as a reef was taken not long after the sand was poured and it's still a little cloudy. I'll have to take some updated pics.
 

Attachments

  • tank 2006.jpg
    tank 2006.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 120 reef.jpg
    120 reef.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 243
This guy is in my 58 waiting to be transferred to the 120 in about 6-8 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • rico.jpg
    rico.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 218
My 58 before I ripped it apart.
 

Attachments

  • iphone camera 245.jpg
    iphone camera 245.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 196
Here's some pics during set-up. I was going to add jawfish so we added the sand after the rockwork was done. It was a cloudy mess for about 4 days.
 

Attachments

  • tank set up1.jpg
    tank set up1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 188
  • tank set up3.jpg
    tank set up3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 179
Looks good. Closed Loop? or did you plug those holes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new