ESHOPPS Deskmate 3.8g Pico build

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other nagging equipment issue I've been dealing with is my hydros wifi power bars losing connectivity. I know this is an issue that plagues lots of hyrdos users, but lately for me it seems they are inoperable the majority of the time. Didn't care as much when it was rare, but now it's interfering with daily maintenance tasks.

Today I will be installing a dedicated 2.4ghz only router.
Yeah I've had issues with using WiFi outlet strips. I've just fully switched to an outlet with switches lol.

OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, new router was installed but ended up being dual band even though Amazon said it was 2.4ghz only. Will be returning it, but new replacement arrived and is actually only a 2.4ghz, so hoping that works!

Went to the LFS and picked up 2 more RFA, 3 sexy shrimp and 1 bumblebee shrimp! I decided to rehome my other sexies from the EVO into the Deskmate, and leave the EVO to the mantis. I don't have the time to trap it.

5C7FB686-E7A4-46B9-A22C-81B9927A9F81.jpeg

The tank still looks sad under the stock lighting. I really wish they went 50/50 white/blue. It would make so much of a difference. Oh well the NooPsyche is finally shipped and tracking says it'll be here this week. Looking forward to a better light balance.

Oh, almost forgot, I also picked up some pods, some went in the Deskmate and some in the EVO.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, new router was installed but ended up being dual band even though Amazon said it was 2.4ghz only. Will be returning it, but new replacement arrived and is actually only a 2.4ghz, so hoping that works!

Went to the LFS and picked up 2 more RFA, 3 sexy shrimp and 1 bumblebee shrimp! I decided to rehome my other sexies from the EVO into the Deskmate, and leave the EVO to the mantis. I don't have the time to trap it.

5C7FB686-E7A4-46B9-A22C-81B9927A9F81.jpeg

The tank still looks sad under the stock lighting. I really wish they went 50/50 white/blue. It would make so much of a difference. Oh well the NooPsyche is finally shipped and tracking says it'll be here this week. Looking forward to a better light balance.

Oh, almost forgot, I also picked up some pods, some went in the Deskmate and some in the EVO.
Looking good! I recommend the Kessil A80 if you are looking for a new light. Has that algae scraper done well for you in terms of not scratching and actually removing algae?

william Lutman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2934.jpeg

As part of a planned rip-cleap of my Fluval EVO 13.5, I wanted to get rid of a piece of live rock that I felt wasn't aesthetically pleasing in the existing aquascape. I didn't like the idea of just pitching it, and had recently seen these cute little picos showing up here and there and decided, why not start a new tank?

I found a good price on the Deskmate, so ordered one, and started seeding some extra Xport BIO Cubes in my EVO. After a month and when all gear had arrived, I tore down the EVO, replaced the sand, cleaned rocks, and rebuilt the scape. Then I set my sights on the Deskmate. I started with washed sand from the EVO and that singular piece of live rock. Added a handful of BIO Cubes and off we go!

Current Equipment

Lighting: Stock (I think this is enough light, however I wish the balanced the blues with the whites better. I may need to replace at some point in the future but fine for now)
Pump: Replaced stock with a Sicce nano
Heaters: 2 50w Aqueon preset heaters
Controller: Shared Hydros Collective of an X2 and X3
ATO: Hydros ATO
Thermometer: Hydros thermometer
Power: Hydros wifi power strip that currently is not working correctly

The intention is to get as much automated as possible. Once I can figure out what's wrong with my wifi strip (or get it replaced) the plan is to power the heaters, lighting, and pump via the Hydros collective.

Current Livestock

Fish: none
Coral: none
Inverts: All hitchhiked from the moved piece of LR
  • 2 Emerald crabs
  • Bumblebee snail
  • Some other random snails
  • Feather dusters
  • Spaghetti worm
Planned Livestock

Fish: none
Coral: Mostly soft, zoas and mushrooms
Inverts: Mantis shrimp

I had a small mantis hitchhike on some KP LR and it's been living in the EVO for the past few months. I think it's responsible for a bunch of snail deaths but there's also been some mysterious fish disappearances. I have no idea if I'll be able to trap it, but if I can I hope to make this pic its new home.

That's if for now! I'm on week 2 and never really had a cycle, so I plan to start moving some coral over from the EVO soon, which will free up room to try to trap the mantis.

Attachments

• 20221008_140801.jpg
    20221008_140801.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has that algae scraper done well for you in terms of not scratching and actually removing algae?
Eh... I do see some scratches here and there but I'm not sure it's the magfloat. I may look for an alternative though.

OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many updates recently but today is the day, I got a shipment confirmation that my noopsyche light is out for delivery! Can't wait to get this mounted as my corals just don't look nice under the stock lights. Plan is after it's mounted, to start moving more mushrooms and zoas over this weekend.

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many updates recently but today is the day, I got a shipment confirmation that my noopsyche light is out for delivery! Can't wait to get this mounted as my corals just don't look nice under the stock lights. Plan is after it's mounted, to start moving more mushrooms and zoas over this weekend.
I ordered this light too for my 3.8. How long did your take to actually ship? I got the tracking number right away, but two weeks later still hasn't shipped.

OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this light too for my 3.8. How long did your take to actually ship? I got the tracking number right away, but two weeks later still hasn't shipped.
I ordered Sept 28th and should be receiving it today. My guess is they're getting drop-shipped from china in batches.

OP
OP
mje113

mje113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and new light is on! I don't have time to program it before work, and also suddenly started feeling paranoid about installing the app on my iPhone and having this on my local network. The IT Guy in me thinks it's a really terrible idea. But the price of the light!

When turned on it defaulted to a pretty dim purple dominant spectrum not reflected in this terrible photo.

30F4950D-7EE6-4C0A-9B65-261275B17110.jpeg

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the same build. Do you recommend upgrading the stock pump with that sicce? Any other pump recommendations besides the sicce? I've got the stock pump on max. If the water level isn't just below the baffle, it's super loud. And even then, it's really loud. Water level in the tank is super high as well.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the same build. Do you recommend upgrading the stock pump with that sicce? Any other pump recommendations besides the sicce? I've got the stock pump on max. If the water level isn't just below the baffle, it's super loud. And even then, it's really loud. Water level in the tank is super high as well.
I know you didn't ask me. But I've trouble shot this problem TODAY with my build. Same as yalls. You really have to get that pump in the just right position to quieten it up. I am planning on upgrading the pump in the future. But it works just fine once you get it perfect. It rattles against the acrylic sides of the tank if it's not perfect

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back