ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

Yawning Good Morning GIF
 
My two float switch sensors are out for delivery. Hopefully I'll get them out on the tank sometime...
 
Float sensors arrived, designed a sensor holder that clips into the egg crate lid. Printing now.

1790640293990.png


This isn't adjustable unfortunately so it's a one size fits mine. Modifications can be made as necessary and I could consider designing an adjustable one later.
 
It works. Manually "redesigned" it after the print though because the clip doesn't fit over the neck it's supposed to attach to. I realized that after printing it that it wasn't going to work. 😂

4266.jpg


The water has to rise about 1/8" in the DT and the sensor comes on. It might be closer to 1/4". It makes it so the waves from the wave makers don't activate it though, so it's about perfect.
 
It works. Manually "redesigned" it after the print though because the clip doesn't fit over the neck it's supposed to attach to. I realized that after printing it that it wasn't going to work. 😂

4266.jpg


The water has to rise about 1/8" in the DT and the sensor comes on. It might be closer to 1/4". It makes it so the waves from the wave makers don't activate it though, so it's about perfect.
Very clean.
 
So far the print has been holding the sensor and it has been turning on and off like it should. Water level rises slightly with the algae growth blocking the weirs so every 3-4 days it alerts me that the level has risen enough to trigger the float. Cleaned the weirs and the level drops and the float turns off.
 
I was gone for the weekend. Came home today and I'm pretty sure it's time to snow the tank again.
 
GHA that may or may not be also Cyano.
Nice!! I stopped the snow and got cyano for 15 minutes. I am not 100% confident it was the snow but I did suction up most of the cyano a couple of times then snow and its been at bay.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new