Eshopps nano skimmer vs Fluval skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter harsha22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

harsha22

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2022
Messages
58
Reaction score
13
Location
Burlington, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Trying to pick a nano skimmer for my waterbox. Fluval seems similar to eshopps but the later is expensive.
Any suggestions here?
 
A nano skimmer in your tank isn't going to do enough. Get a real skimmer that is rated for your tank with bioload. You should have plenty of room in your sump for a skimmer
 
I got the Eshopps skimmer. Costed me quite a bit but you get what you pay for. For an aquarium of 35 gallons with descent biomass the Eshopps is doing a nice job so far. I have been getting bad reviews about fluval and in Canada getting a JBJ is tough.
 
You won’t regret it, I made the mistake on cheaping out and getting a fluval skimmer and it was hell. Constantly overfilled with water and when it wasn’t doing that it was throwing micro bubbles into the system. Unfortunately I went on vacation once and the micro bubbles killed everything that was in there, fish, coral, inverts. Had to restart the system and started from 0, again.
 
I have not heard good things about the fluval protein skimmer. I would pass on that. Check out the tunze nano skimmers if you are tight on space
I've used a Fluval skimmer for the last two years in my nano and it works perfectly fine.

Dialing it in is a bit tricky, but once you get past that it can skim as dry or as wet as you like.

There seem to be a lot of comments from inexperienced reefers.
Some skimmers are easier to dial in than others thats for sure, but the Fluval works just fine.
 
Hi,
Trying to pick a nano skimmer for my waterbox. Fluval seems similar to eshopps but the later is expensive.
Any suggestions here?
Everyone knows that the more you spend the better
 
Though we decide to spend more, I guess we need to choose the right size unlike me. I spent more on a nyos which was an overkill. Eshopps is good.
 
I use the fluval skimmer. Takes time to dial in. My skim mate is definitely wet. Empty the cup about once a day or every other day. But its definitely nasty stuff Collected so I’d say it’s working. I have it in a fluval 13.5 and it’s about the only one Iv found that fits, and it’s cheap. I also keep it on for the outside airline which seems to help ph some.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new