Eshopps Overflow Box Eclipse - L vs 20″ Synergy Reef Overflow??????

Cresta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eshopps replied saying that they "do not see there being a problem at this time with the bowing, however if it gets worst and if it effect the performance", contact them again for a replacement.

I thought they will just make the customer happy by providing warranty and have a happy customer spread the word for them. However, they have decided basically, a made-in-china" plastic box is worth more to them at this point.

I installed the overflow on my 150 acrylic tank. It is a peninsula style setup, so I have to install the overflow on the short end. With the dimension locked, I was only able to choose the eshopps Eclipse L. The Synergy is a lot longer and wouldn't fit on my tank.

vinny110,
If you don't care about price and don't mind the longer length..... and if I were you.... I will go with Synergy.

OP
OP
vinny110

vinny110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eshopps replied saying that they "do not see there being a problem at this time with the bowing, however if it gets worst and if it effect the performance", contact them again for a replacement.

I thought they will just make the customer happy by providing warranty and have a happy customer spread the word for them. However, they have decided basically, a made-in-china" plastic box is worth more to them at this point.

I installed the overflow on my 150 acrylic tank. It is a peninsula style setup, so I have to install the overflow on the short end. With the dimension locked, I was only able to choose the eshopps Eclipse L. The Synergy is a lot longer and wouldn't fit on my tank.

vinny110,
If you don't care about price and don't mind the longer length..... and if I were you.... I will go with Synergy.
thank you Cresta :), after seeing the bowing and your experience using it, I did went with the synergy Shadow, came up to be around $190 with the plumbing kit. But def agree, they should have given you a replacement.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vinny110,

How is your overflow doing? I recently set up a tank. I have an Eclipse L and have noticed the same bowing. Is it cause for concern that the whole thing might fail or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks

OP
OP
vinny110

vinny110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your overflow doing? I recently set up a tank. I have an Eclipse L and have noticed the same bowing. Is it cause for concern that the whole thing might fail or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks
I went with the synergy shadow overflow... still in the building phase, but I did hear about the bowing effect which made my decision with synergy.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the synergy shadow overflow... still in the building phase, but I did hear about the bowing effect which made my decision with synergy.

Thanks. I'll see if Cresta responds.

I would have gone with the Synergy, but the tank I bought was pre-drilled for the Eshopps... So unless the Synergy has the same internal dimensions, I think I'm stuck for now. The Eshopps is working well. I am just a little disconcerted after I looked behind the tank and saw the bowing...

Cresta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubblemytip,

I’m using the same eShopp overflow still. There are no additional bow nor crack on the box.

If they initially made the top cover to wrap on the outside of the box, then deformation probably wouldn’t occur. But then they will have to figure out how to keep the condensation from dripping out rather than in, back into the box.

Having said all this....now I’m concern if the overflow will eventually bow out and crack when I’m not around. Even if eshopp provide a replacement, it will probably bow again. I think I will 3D print a bracket clip on top and try to hold the opening shape and prevent any further bowing. I’ll post a pic after I have it installed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back