eshopps slim overflow leaking!

brendans_life

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
46
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used 75g rimless from a buddy of mine and it came pre drilled with the overflow installed, I cleaned the tank up and cleaned the overflow and inspected the seals, everything looks good I placed the gaskets back in the proper order between the wier and tank and between the nut and acrylic box. I just can't seem to get them to stop leaking, it's just been a constant drip every few minutes from between the tank and overflow box it's self. I'm not sure what's going on, if I need to seals if anyone has any idea or suggestion let me know
 
Easy to overtighten gaskets. Hand tight, then 1/4 turn.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new