OP
OP
esolo16

esolo16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got a package today with a Nero 5. I thought I had only put it in my cart and didn't actually complete the purchase lol. But since it's here and my gyre is started to make some odd noises, I might as well use it. First impression is great! I'm really looking forward to see how it holds up over time.
IMG_20190208_171259.jpeg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kool

I would be interested in hearing how you like that long term in an 20G nano compare to something like MP10 in terms of foot print and water movement options.

OP
OP
esolo16

esolo16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will let you know how it works long term. Right now, I have my MP10 on the left side and the Nero on the right. In terms of footprint, the Nero is slightly larger than the MP10 but smaller than I anticipated. The water flow on the MP10 is very dispersed and I think it beats the Nero on that front. The MP10 is at 50% on reefcrest and the Nero is at 15% on random mode. Considering my MP10 has been more or less flawless in the 4 years I've had it, it will be very hard to beat the reliability and performance of the MP10. The only two reasons I did not get another MP10 instead of the Nero was because 1) I love buying the latest gadgets and 2) Eventually I will move out of my small apartment and upgrade to a larger tank.

In other news, I have performed a few large water changes, added some polyfilter and replaced all of my RODI prefilters/DI resin. I am hoping that brings down some of the heavy metals the ICP test detected. My corals have responded well and the pink lemonade colony has regained its polyp extension. I also added a torch coral to the sand to add some much needed movement to the tank.

OP
OP
esolo16

esolo16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated in a few months, so here we go…

First, I added a torch to the back corner. The tank needed some movement and it is doing a good job. For whatever reason, I have never had much luck with euphyllia corals, but I am willing to give it another try.

IMG_20190413_170744.jpg

Next, I added a yellow line possum wrasse. I really wanted to keep all of the fish and coral aquacultured only but I have had some of the small brown flatworms in my tank for awhile now and no matter how many Flatworm eXit treatments I try, they always come back.

IMG_20190413_170933.jpg

Lastly, yesterday was the MTRC frag swap so I have a few new additions: WWC Kung Pao, Tyree Pinky the Bear and RRC Pink Cadillac.

IMG_20190413_170752.jpg

Ignore the dinos, working on getting rid of that as well.

IMG_20190413_170845.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back