ESV Ionic 2-part dosing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Idech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
4,027
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using ESV Ionic 2-part for a week now, to replace AFR. I dose 35 ml per day of alk and calcium (recommended starting dose).

Today I tested my water and everything is on point except alkalinity is too high.

Alkalinity : 12 dkh
Calcium : 440
Mag : 1360
PH : 8,1
Salinity : 1,0265

I’ve read you should decrease both of one is too high, but I am wondering if this is the right way to go ? Won’t it decrease my calcium and magnesium as well and create a problem ? I like where they are now but would like the alkalinity around 8,5.

Thanks !
 
If you let alk drop to 9.2 dKH, calcium will only drop to 420 ppm and be perfect. Ignore magnesium effects, which are too small to detect.
 
If you want to reduce the alkalinity, I would halt all dosing until the alk naturally drops through consumption. It will take longer than you think.

Once it reaches about 9 dKH, you can start with 25 mL and adjust overtime based on the trends.
 
I have been using ESV Ionic 2-part for a week now, to replace AFR. I dose 35 ml per day of alk and calcium (recommended starting dose).

Today I tested my water and everything is on point except alkalinity is too high.

Alkalinity : 12 dkh
Calcium : 440
Mag : 1360
PH : 8,1
Salinity : 1,0265

I’ve read you should decrease both of one is too high, but I am wondering if this is the right way to go ? Won’t it decrease my calcium and magnesium as well and create a problem ? I like where they are now but would like the alkalinity around 8,5.

Thanks !

Where was you alk when you started dosing ESV?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new