Etrc club zoa's and paly's now available!!!

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's opening now. I'm not sure if it's fully open, but it's at least 75%, if not all the way. I just haven't ever seen these in person, and that's also why I thought it was a baby polyp. I think it's going to be just fine. It's looking healthy.

That's great, just keep us updated if you have any issues with the polyp. I'm going to keep a polyp set aside for the time being just in case.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it more light in another week or two, it'll get bigger. They like light. I'd say medium light, medium flow.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it more light in another week or two, it'll get bigger. They like light. I'd say medium light, medium flow.

I've got it under four 2ft t5's (two 10k's, two actenics). The light is about 6in off the water surface, frag rack is about 6in deep. Would you call that medium light?

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain how this works? I'd like to "reserve" a sunny d or an utter chaos for next month (near the month's end) if that is possible. Thanks.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain how this works? I'd like to "reserve" a sunny d or an utter chaos for next month (near the month's end) if that is possible. Thanks.

1. Request a specific polyp.
2. Pick up requested polyp at the meeting or at my place (at my convenience :) ).
3. After the 90 grow period, a single polyp will be returned to the club tank. You can return the polyp at anytime to "check out" another polyp.
4. If a specific polyp is not available when you want it, a reserve will be placed on the polyp and you will receive it as soon as one is available.

This list is the check out fee.

SC Utter Chaos $25

Jason Fox God of War $25
Red Hornets $20
Blue Hornets $10
Sunny Delights $10
SC Twilight V2's $10
Candy Apple Red's $10
Captain America's $5
Yoda's $10
Strawberry Wines $10

This is the list of available polyps and current members that are in possession of checked out corals. The number in () is the available number of polyps.

Sexy Corals Twilight V2's (2)
Yoda Paly (4)
Strawberry Wines (5)
Candy Apple Red's (3) (SLUF681 11/2012)(Dapple 12/2012)
Red Hornet's (0) (EvilMel 11/2012)(Seased 01/2013)
Blue Hornets (3) (Engloid 1/13) (Gwhook 1/13)
Captain Americas (2)
SC Utter Chaos (0) (CoryC 01/2013) (DrSly 01/2013)
JF God of War (3)

Last edited:

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am purchasing the polyp for the checkout fee with the understanding that I would return a polyp within the 90 day period. At that time I could purchase another polyp with the same understanding. Do I have this correct?

Dave

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to participate in this.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

You would have to move to the Knoxville, Tn area and join the club. Being from South Fla myself, I would not recommend the move!

So I am purchasing the polyp for the checkout fee with the understanding that I would return a polyp within the 90 day period. At that time I could purchase another polyp with the same understanding. Do I have this correct?

Dave

In a nutshell, yes.

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have to move to the Knoxville, Tn area and join the club. Being from South Fla myself, I would not recommend the move!

In a nutshell, yes.

Lol yeah not happening. Wish there was something like this in Miami.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake has informed me that we apparently need to know what happens if the polyp dies.
(this wasn't in my tank by the way)

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake has informed me that we apparently need to know what happens if the polyp dies.
(this wasn't in my tank by the way)

A water quality test needs to be done and if the water parameters show good a replacement polyp will be given free of charge. If the test shows bad water quality the lost polyp must be paid for (same price that was paid to check out the polyp), the member can not check out any more corals until a test can show good water quality.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it sounds like it is in the party's best interest to be certain of their water quality. Perhaps a water test before checkout is warranted.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it sounds like it is in the party's best interest to be certain of their water quality. Perhaps a water test before checkout is warranted.

Good water quality in a reef tank, why would anyone want that??? I am not going to test club members water (unless they want to pay me!!!)

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was implying that the individual should be certain of their water first.

LOL, sorry I took it as you were suggesting I would want to test the members water before they checked out the coral. You'd think reefers would make sure their water quality is in check but there are lots that claim testing and dosing is a waste of time.

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Capt America ready to return, and would like to reserve either the red hornet or God of War (in that order). Thanks. I should be able to contribute a AOG frag sometime real soon.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Capt America ready to return, and would like to reserve either the red hornet or God of War (in that order). Thanks. I should be able to contribute a AOG frag sometime real soon.

Seth, I'll let you know as soon as we have a Red Hornet available.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back