Status
Not open for further replies.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id love to call dibs on red and blue hornets, if possible...

. :wink:
And yes, Mel... I will get my dues paid up first

. Been surfing on phone, which is difficult, so I've been putting off paypal.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the price list to check out from the library. The price in ($$$) represents retail value of the item.
Only one item can be checked out at a time (no exceptions).
The coral growth time frame is set at 90 days.
If no new growth happens in the 90 day period the BOD will determine the outcome.
In the event that the coral is lost, the BOD will request water quality tests be done. If testing shows good water quality the coral will be replaced as soon as a replacement is available.
This is a great project for the club and we can only hope it works for the best and the main part of this is to make really nice corals that are out of some members budgets available.

SC Utter Chaos $25 ($180)
Jason Fox God of War $25 ($50)
Red Hornets $20 ($195)
Blue Hornets $10 ($60)
Sunny Delights $10 ($25)
SC Twilight V2's $10 ($40)
Candy Apple Red's $10 ($35)
Captain America's $5 ($20)
Yoda's $10 ($30)
Strawberry Wines $10 ($40)

Last edited:

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty reasonable. Id like to get the red hornets whenever we can meet up... and if I haven't got my dues to Mel by then, I will give it to you if that's ok.

And for clarity...if a coral is lost and water quality is good, the borrower doesn't replace the coral...but if water quality is bad, they must pay retail cost? There may also need to be some consideration for decreasing values of corals...but that may be something that can't really be a rule, but a decision made on individual basis. Either way, I do trust that this is going to be a very fair thing, and a great thing for the club. Thanks to all that worked on this...

Oh, and the person housing the club frag tank should be allowed free frags to put in their personal tank...to ensure survival of the investment. :)

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to pay for lost coral. If your parameters are good then you will get a replacement piece. The retail values are just there to show you how much your saving off retail.

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and yes, Mel... I will get my dues paid up first
I'm not worried about you or anyone else paying dues. I'm not overly rulesy when it comes to that. It's your choice to pay your dues on time and there won't be any pressure from me about it. You don't get to participate in things like this if you don't pay your dues though...or in group buys where the club pays shipping...or get to use club equipment. That's all. I'm not pressuring anyone about dues.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the polyps have fully opened and after a close inspection several have baby polyps developing.

gwhook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like either the red or blue hornets

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Captain America has 3 polyps now...guess I should probably frag mine off and send it back huh.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for any suggested purchases.......both local swaps are coming soon!!!

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would nominate the bowser paly for the club's collection but there are 2 problems 1) I don't know where to get it for less than $150 a polyp and 2) it is reported to grow very slow, slower than a 90 day checkout period would permit.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would nominate the bowser paly for the club's collection but there are 2 problems 1) I don't know where to get it for less than $150 a polyp and 2) it is reported to grow very slow, slower than a 90 day checkout period would permit.

I think it's a great suggestion. I'll check with the other BOD members to see if a Bowser paly purchase is feasible.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a great suggestion. I'll check with the other BOD members to see if a Bowser paly purchase is feasible.
I thought it was a bit of a selfish suggestion because it is more than the average hobbyist wants to shell out but it would definitely be a good investment and looks incredible in pictures!

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was a bit of a selfish suggestion because it is more than the average hobbyist wants to shell out but it would definitely be a good investment and looks incredible in pictures!

Selfish, NO.....I can not justify spending that kind of cash on a single polyp just for myself. I personally would like to see one come to the club library, it's the whole point of it. All I have to do is convince the other three BOD members.

Rmorales13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol it is...as if a regular one wasn't bright enough. Most of any list I could think of is already listed. list then anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back