Euphillia specific issue.

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamK1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AdamK1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2024
Messages
77
Reaction score
51
Location
Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could affect fairly well just euphillia? My mixed reef is thriving, but my euphillia have been sulking a little recently. Not looking like dying, just a little reduced in extension, and pale.

I have acros, torches, zoas, Duncans, montis, a few softies... Everything else is looking better than ever, but the hammers are sulking.

Parameters are good, no visible signs of parasites. I threw in some flatworm exit to be sure, and bar 2 or 3 of the little purple type that I've seen from time to time that my wrasse don't get, nothing seemed to be floating about.

I did increase lighting by 10% recently, but the lps are all low on the tank, and nothing else seemed to mind.

Stable parameters. I'm not a numbers chaser, but all else seems well. Phosphate zeroed out a while back which I corrected, but this isn't uncommon in this tank, and I test and adjust weekly.

Any thoughts?
 
What type of Euphyllia do you have? Wall, Branching? What type of Corals do you have around your Hammers?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new