OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I began adding at about 3 months, all one head now 5-6 except for my NY Knicks and orange tipped frogspawn which I fragged two heads each last month. As stated above moderate light and flow. My tank runs with higher nitrates and phosphate then what was recommended above.
C4AE7198-34A8-4691-9929-B1B14651E2B0.jpeg
CCDBC611-F2E7-47C5-BD76-E4F97D2E7F63.jpeg
Wow, very puffy and healthy looking Euphyllias, props to you ! What does your maintenance look like ? Sand looks clean

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they are fine....not that I am recommending this but it usually what I do(lack of planning and patience lol). That system was a large shallow vat about 30"x"70. Set it up and on third day it was full of coral. Below is a more recent pic, but all these acro colonies were the first inhabitants. They were transhipped and I did lose 2 colonies in the first week but none since. The ones lost I believe was about shipping stress more than anything cause they all came in rough shape.

20220919_171437.jpg
Healthy looking acros!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, very puffy and healthy looking Euphyllias, props to you ! What does your maintenance look like ? Sand looks clean
Thank you, I do weekly 12.5% water changes, but what keeps my sand clean is my diamond watchman goby, 4 nassarius snails and a tiger conch. I never have to vacuum.

Toob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited almost two days before adding coral in my last system. It was tough but I pushed through and held out that whole time.
Same here, corals are part of the ecosystem. Why would anyone wait a year? what the heck is happening in your tank without corals while you wait? Nothing…

dlish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend the money and get a hanna phos tester. The other tests don't work. I thought I had near zero phosphate, but my euphyllias were all slowly dying. Got a hanna to only discover my phosphates we're off the charts. Added some gfo to get the numbers in check and they all came back within a few days. I did lose a few heads but overall they survived.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia [or any reef] stable parameters is the biggest key (I know that can feel like an overused term in reefing but it’s the biggest truth their is) There’s plenty of examples of happy torches, hammers, frogspawns, in every type of system from those running .2-.3 PO4 and 30-50 NO3 all the way down to “ULNS”. Let your system and maintenance routine find it’s sweet spot and run with it as long as everything’s looking happy.

Melafix Marine is my dip of choice for Euphyllia. It doesn’t seem to be nearly as harsh on the coral as others I’ve used over the years.

I have the Euphyllia Addiction too! ;)
205872CE-5DD1-40CE-AF9A-E1F7E581954A.jpeg

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia [or any reef] stable parameters is the biggest key (I know that can feel like an overused term in reefing but it’s the biggest truth their is) There’s plenty of examples of happy torches, hammers, frogspawns, in every type of system from those running .2-.3 PO4 and 30-50 NO3 all the way down to “ULNS”. Let your system and maintenance routine find it’s sweet spot and run with it as long as everything’s looking happy.

Melafix Marine is my dip of choice for Euphyllia. It doesn’t seem to be nearly as harsh on the coral as others I’ve used over the years.

I have the Euphyllia Addiction too! ;)
205872CE-5DD1-40CE-AF9A-E1F7E581954A.jpeg
looks good i would really like to see a vid of how much flow you have in there... i have heaps and they are a rockin but seem ok... be nice to see a comprison cheers

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good i would really like to see a vid of how much flow you have in there... i have heaps and they are a rockin but seem ok... be nice to see a comprison cheers
If you’re on Instagram there’s tons of videos of my system on my AK_Reefs profile. Not sure how to upload vid on R2R without a YT link.
I’m a fan of the longer flowy style with torches. Sacrifice a little color vibrancy when they’re stretched out a little but I’ll take the whipping around all day!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back