Euphyllia Feeding Question

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_DSF7356.jpg

Hey all,

Wondering if I am missing something when feeding my Hammers, Torches, and Frogspawn...

Currently, I target feed them with Reef Chili with all the flow turned off. They seem to curl around it and slime it up, but after 5-10mins when the pumps kick back on a decent portion of it blows off and into the water column. Is there a better way to do this or is this normal feeding behavior for Euphyllia?

Thanks!

-a

Last edited:

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn return pump off for full 15 min duration, powerheads are off for ten minutes, then circulate for 5 mins before return comes back online. I also turn skimmer off at night on reverse schedule of lights. Local fellow reefer suggested this as euphyllia extend at night for food. I was skeptical re: aeration but Ph stayed level and corals really started to bloom when I did.

YMAonthisreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never really seen a need to feed my Euphyllia. Mine have always grown rapidly with proper light, and the juice just didn’t seem to be worth the squeeze like it is for other coral for target feeding. If you really want to target feed, pellets are easier for them to grab and move to the mouth from my experience though.

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to start target feeding my corals and see what kind of growth I can get rather than just pouring it in the tank and letting it circulate with the pumps on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back