Euphyllia garden on the sand bed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef_dachs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef_dachs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
102
Reaction score
116
Location
Eastern NC Coast
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I have a newbie question. I am wanting to create a Euphyllia garden. I have two on the left that are doing well in the sandbed. My question for those who are experienced is how do you clean your sandbed if your corals are on the substrate? it’s very difficult to clean closely around them and what happens once they grow and you can’t really get to the sand underneath them?

image.jpg
 
Personally, I've had good luck with conches. However, get the right size because they can get HUGE. Stick with a smaller one and it shouldn't knock things over, but id recommends glueing down the corals on the sand to a small piece of rock to anchor them.
 
I have a cleanup crew and I have to do weekly water changes. Currently I’m using the python sand bed cleaner.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new