Euphyllia Hate Me.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m finally stumped and decided I have to go to the forums for this one. I cannot get any euphyllia to grow for the life of me. They look happy, have good color and extension, but will not grow. I have had the one hammer for about 7 months and it looks the exact same as when I bought it. It sits around 75 PAR and low-medium flow. My gold torch is in 120 and a bit higher flow. It seems to have grown a teeny bit, but not much. I target feed both of them mysis and reef foods once a week. Meanwhile, everything else grows great and looks happy. Tenuis, milles, stags, acans, montis, anemones, you name it.
Any guesses as to what my problem is?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Reefsquad any thoughts? I'm kind of in the same position but I'm happy with them not taking over :)

Grey Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m finally stumped and decided I have to go to the forums for this one. I cannot get any euphyllia to grow for the life of me. They look happy, have good color and extension, but will not grow. I have had the one hammer for about 7 months and it looks the exact same as when I bought it. It sits around 75 PAR and low-medium flow. My gold torch is in 120 and a bit higher flow. It seems to have grown a teeny bit, but not much. I target feed both of them mysis and reef foods once a week. Meanwhile, everything else grows great and looks happy. Tenuis, milles, stags, acans, montis, anemones, you name it.
Any guesses as to what my problem is?

Whatever you are doing is keeping them happy. Anything you do to make them grow more, could cause problems. In my experience I now would just be patient and they will grow. If things are good, trying to make them even better has been disastrous for me.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above if everything is alive and happy and colorful just let it be :)

OP
OP
tdileo

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. I just have some little areas on my rocks I would like to be filled in and I love the look of a nice torch or hammer colony. I’ll keep everything the same for now, maybe try feeding a little more but leave things alone other than that.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back