Euphyllia starting to randomly recede...? Not sure why... :(

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am pretty concerned right now. My 5 head Pink Hammer I got about 1.5 months had lost one head last week. I cut off the head, and dipped it, but it continued to worsen and died.
Then recently I noticed my little octospawn I got at the same time is starting to show a bit of skeleton. It still opens, but not the same as before, and the skeleton shows even sometimes when tentacles are out.
Now my pink hammer's smallest head is looking similar to the octospawn and showing skeleton. Sooo I am pretty worried. But strangely my other corals look fine. One of my acans has looked slightly mad the last 2 days, but I think it may have gotten picked at since I target fed it so I'm not sure, but my other 4 acans look great and very puffy. Blastos are puffy. My Digi, Caps, and other SPS look good. Idk.

I tested my Alk, Calc, and Mag (all were good) I have been doing my best to keep them stable.

I'm thinking it could be pH related, but I feel like it would affect other things more.
It's been much colder than usual where I live, and windows have been closed more lately.
Maybe pH dipped low at times?
I got an air pump to help boost pH a bit.

Also recently I got a lot of GSP from someone, and a bunch of it sheds a lot. Is this causing corals to be irritated?? Like if I baste some of it off is it causing some corals to be ticked off?
So weird. Because my green hammer I've had for almost a year, and my Frogspawn that I have had for a bit longer looks amazing, and my clowns host the frogspawn! So I am super confused what the issue is.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9C999652-B31D-40AB-BA77-BFD1F57B14AD.jpeg
CDD56C9F-D4E0-4C5C-8362-5FD55EA126A2.jpeg

A5A8C664-F4FE-4356-862A-405C0B631AED.jpeg
99056EB1-5A5D-4858-91CF-781E24545DCE.jpeg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 135 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back