Euro bracing 4 150G

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My glass is all 12mm glass. I have a double bottom The lower glass is 24 x 60". The top piece is about 5/8" less all the way around. Does the top piece act as euro bracing.

OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So adding another 3" strip of 12mm glass all around the "kick plate" overkill.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my overflow from Exotic Marine, following their instructions using their template. come to find out the top of the overflow is flush with the top of the glass, which leaves me no room to install my euro bracing on the inside of the tank. so I guess I'm stuck with either putting the glass bracing on the very top or a aluminum angle metal brace. Don't want to use the metal BUT?? Any Ideas?? In any case will I need a center brace using either glass or metal

Attachments

• 20210411_114750.jpg
    20210411_114750.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 65

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my overflow from Exotic Marine, following their instructions using their template. come to find out the top of the overflow is flush with the top of the glass, which leaves me no room to install my euro bracing on the inside of the tank. so I guess I'm stuck with either putting the glass bracing on the very top or a aluminum angle metal brace. Don't want to use the metal BUT?? Any Ideas?? In any case will I need a center brace using either glass or metal
Yea on the top would work well. I would stick with glass and silicone the top of the tank edges to the brace. Then the inside of the tank to the bottom of that top brace. That’s going to be a 90 degeee silicone joint. Make sure to either flatten part of that seam, for your overflow to sit flush, or install the over flow while the silicone is wet if your happy with a permanent install.

OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Got it, just one more question LOL. When I designed my tank, I didn't have the overflow yet, so all the euro bracing was cut to go inside the tank instead on the top rim as we have been talking about here. The outside measurements of the tank are 60" x 24". So I have 4 pcs. of 3" x 58 3/4" euro braces that won't work. I'm thinking about cutting them down and making a seam in the center and installing a center brace to cover it up. Living on SS here in Panama its taking forever. I've been building this 150 for 3 years now and am ready to get some water in this thing

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Got it, just one more question LOL. When I designed my tank, I didn't have the overflow yet, so all the euro bracing was cut to go inside the tank instead on the top rim as we have been talking about here. The outside measurements of the tank are 60" x 24". So I have 4 pcs. of 3" x 58 3/4" euro braces that won't work. I'm thinking about cutting them down and making a seam in the center and installing a center brace to cover it up. Living on SS here in Panama its taking forever. I've been building this 150 for 3 years now and am ready to get some water in this thing
The think a center brace would add great peace of mind, I’m not sure if it’s necessary, but better safe then sorry. 3 years is a long time to stay patient, I hope it turns out to exceed your expectations, so you can start enjoying the fruit of your labor.

OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The think a center brace would add great peace of mind, I’m not sure if it’s necessary, but better safe then sorry. 3 years is a long time to stay patient, I hope it turns out to exceed your expectations, so you can start enjoying the fruit of your labor.
Ok sure apricate your advice "gracis amigo"

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back