Evaporation question for 60g cube

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I'm working on setting up a standard 60g cube with a FijiCube 20 sump and I'm trying to figure out what amount of evaporation I can expect daily.

The reason I'm concerned is the lack of space I'll have in the Marineland Ventura cabinet. I would like to position the sump lengthwise for easier access to the important pieces(socks & fuge), but that basically cuts the room I have for an ATO reservoir in half. If I go with the preferred positioning I'll only be able to fit a 2.2g reservoir. If I go with the narrow positioning I can squeeze in a 5g. I don't mind refilling the ATO every other day, and if I go on vacation I can always stick a big rubbermaid tote next to the stand and use that for a supply since nobody will be around to see it anyway.

Thoughts?

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60g with a 7.5g nano plumbed in, both have screen tops. I have a large sump that is probably about 18"×22" also open top. The system is serviced by a 5g ATO reservoir.

In the dry winter months I get about 3-4 days, and in the humid summer it's close to 6 days before I need to refill the reservoir.

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm the same about 1/2 to a gallon a day.
How much room do you have left over?
The inside of the stand has 22.88 inches to work with length wise. The FijiCube sump will take up 20 inches if I position it length wise, or 15 inches if I go the narrow direction. Leaves enough room for the 2.2g ATO reservoir from FijiCube. The other option I'm considering is drilling a hole thru the wall behind the stand and putting a bigger reservoir in the closet behind it lol. Would have to do that when the wife wasn't home tho lol

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inside of the stand has 22.88 inches to work with length wise. The FijiCube sump will take up 20 inches if I position it length wise, or 15 inches if I go the narrow direction. Leaves enough room for the 2.2g ATO reservoir from FijiCube. The other option I'm considering is drilling a hole thru the wall behind the stand and putting a bigger reservoir in the closet behind it lol. Would have to do that when the wife wasn't home tho lol
I think I just ordered the same tank! It's 24x24x22.5h I think...white stand and fiji 20 sump...I'm modifying the overflow to 3 drain hopefully ....u got any pics of ur build? Id love to hear more!

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back