Ever seen a Haddoni like this before

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave-T
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dave-T

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2022
Messages
970
Reaction score
506
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this nem at an LFS. Could this be its natural permanent color? It was a bright pale pink. I'm wondering if it's bleached and will revert to red when it gets more healthy.

IMG_0789.jpeg
 
I already have a red one, it's huge and healthy. I was thinking of replacing it with this pink one, which I prefer. But if it changes back to red, that would be a waste of time and money!
 
That red color will change. It may get darker red or else the red color may get drowned out by brown when the zooxanthellae return.
 
That red color will change. It may get darker red or else the red color may get drowned out by brown when the zooxanthellae return.
Orion, I was hoping you would weigh in. Thanks! So you are sure it is bleached? I really love the way the light color glows the light.
 

Lol

Ok. I thought $1k for a red was too much when I saw one listed recently, though I’d pay more for one from a reef tank than a more risky wild one.
 
Ok well I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to get rid of mine. I’m up on the north shore.
 
Ok well I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to get rid of mine. I’m up on the north shore.

Back in 2008, I tried a red Haddoni that I got from an LFS in southern New Hampshire for $300. At the time, I was unaware of the potential to treat them with antibiotics and it didn't make it.

1740423753011.jpeg
 
Red haddoni are tricky--I've seen many shades, from a dark maroon to burnt orange. It's really just personal preference as to which color is nicer. This one is definitely bleached, so it's even harder to determine the final color once it's healthy. The wide price range is definitely mind boggling. I've seen red ones as low as $300 online, and at one of my LFS in the heart of Silicon Valley (think deep pocketed tech bros) I watched a customer spend $1,500 on one. Granted, it was healthy and a nice shade of dark red.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new