Ever seen a tuxedo urchin spawn?

Jax15

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2018
Messages
293
Reaction score
359
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I noticed that my tuxedo urchin had climbed to the top of a rock, and started spewing powdery stuff from its top. It continued to pour out for 20 min or so, seemed never ending (the fish loved it! A mid-day snack). I've heard of clams doing this, but have never seen anything like this with my urchin and wanted to share.

 
Not sure if the video upload worked, here's an image:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.32.18 AM.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new