Everyone has done it right?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is where I knock on wood. I have a great tip for those with Apex units.

Get yourself and ALD unit ( automatic leak detector) and mount it to a certain part of the container. When the unit reaches the point where ALD is, it will alarm. Does you no good if Not home. Simply, I do not make water if I'm Not home.

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TITLE WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY: EVERYONE HAS DONE IT RIGHT?

Was filling up the RODI bucket when the wife came home and wanted to go out for her bday dinner. Realized on the ride home 3 1/2 hours later that someone never turned off the water. Luckily the water stayed mostly in the unfinished area of the basement and we already had to rip out the carpet from the living room down here since my wife thought the flushable wipes were actually flushable. It’s not fun having the moment.

Would be nice if the company I bought my RODI unit from could figure out why my auto shut off valve isn’t working and I could use the floats that I purchased for this very reason.
I flooded my kitchen twice luckily I didn’t damage my flooring. I usually refill my 5 gallon storage buckets in the sink in case I forget but happened to still flood kitchen twice. Once I swapped out containers and sat the one that was filling on floor, got distracted watching football and you know the rest. Second time sink wasn’t draining properly and I fell asleep on couch for 4 hours. Boy do I need a dedicated fish room:)

Celtic_Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the container I'm filling in the bath tub, because I know one day I'll forget (and the timer on my phone won't be on, etc)...

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 44 gallon Brute can in the unfinished part of my basement, so it takes a while to fill when bear empty.

It was almost full and I forgot, left it running overnight, and we'll just say that I had to use the wet/dry vac for HOURS and pull the rugs up in the finished section so the padding could dry out. That's when I got an auto shut off and never had a ptoblem with it.

Gobi-Wan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make RODI in my laundry room, which is a semi-finished room on the garage slab with a floor drain. Still a forehead-slapper every time I walk in to RODI running down the drain. Which happens pretty regularly.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back