Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibassfsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing having a piece of the ocean in my living room. Friends and neighbors come over and ooh and awe over the tank, which strikes up conversation about the hobby. Next thing you know you have hooked them on our great hobby, and they too end up buying a tank. This works out for both parties as now you have another source of frags!!

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Keeping is our opportunity to explore, learn, educate, and preserve some of the world's most diverse and beautiful resources. We have been to the moon, and can see far into the stars......I think the world's oceans are the next great frontier. I am proud that my children are conscious and aware about their surroundings and it excites me to see them reading and doing all they can to learn along with me.

frank a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite things about reefing are watching small frags develop into beautiful colonies with the help of my reef enthusiast friends. It brings me great pleasure when visitors are amazed by the wonders in my tank. Feeding my fish and seeing them come up for food is one of my favorite past times.

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is pushing the boundaries on what we as enthusiasts can keep. We used to not be able to keep coral, now we can keep almost every type of coral. We used to not be able to keep most angels/butterflies, but now all are fair game. Why do I enjoy pushing the boundaries? Because same-old-same-old is boring! :tongue:

Shyla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's my favorite thing about this hobby? Gosh, there are so many things I am not sure I can pick a favorite. I love my fish and their personalities, the satisfaction I get out of watching the corals grow and how well everything does. I enjoy taking care of the tank and feeding all the inhabitants. We recently moved from NY to NC and lost every coral and half of the fish and I still have not given up. I am starting all over again and wanting to go bigger! I am proud to look at my tank and see the accomplishments I had made in the past 3 years I have been in the hobby, the loss was a let down for me, but I will pick myself up and do it again :)

newly salted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy looking at the tank seeing the fish interact,especially at feeding time. I enjoy noticing the changes in the corals. I love going to my local club meetings and picking up a new frag. MOST OF ALL MY FAVORITE THING IS ALL THE NEW FRIENDS BOTH LOCAL AND ON THE INTERNET I'VE MADE THROUGH THE HOBBY.

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this hobby is able to reduce my stress and enjoy when I look at the tank, and able to trade with local reefers for new corals.

orlando809

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY favorite part is knowing that because of me and other reefers i have some fish and corals in a glass box in my living room and that if i dont take care of them they can die.i love looking at a stable reef tank

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I planned a trip with my family out to National Parks across the US and informed them about such things like the Natural Arches of Utah, the great river the carved out the Grand Canyon, to the Falls of Niagra and how water plays a huge role in the development of life and how it has ways of erode rock. My brother's kids love going to these places and hearing Uncle Barry talk about anything and everything nature has to offer.

But I don't think I will be able to take to them with me on an awesome trip to dive and see corals anytime soon. That's why I have brought them closer to us. So we can see, touch and learn about the natural world of reefs and its inhabitants!

slapshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite things the ability to sit in my chair and see a whole world that in nature brings me tremendous peace. Nothing is more relaxing to me them scuba diving and looking at me reef is the next best thing.

Then you add the accomplishment of being able to keep animals alive in my home that mist people have never even seen. Lastly, it gives me pleasure trying to improve the environment in the tank. Most of my syst is DYI and has been improved over the years by problem solving and thinking of better ways to accomplish the goal. Sort of keeps my creative juices going.

Goods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about reefing is that you have your own mini-ecosystem sitting in your living room. The interactions between inhabitants is intriguing. Not to mention it's given me a leg up in my biology class!

youngtimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite part of reefing is going to all the local fish stores looking for something new and talking to other reefers about the addiction we all have! all the money is a great thing too!!!!

Big Dog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is the reward of the work put in, nothing like a great looking tank, and I like watching the critters in the refugium ... :)

Julius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing about reef keeping to me. I used to be bad on drugs, and its kept me from doing them. No, really. Instead of killing myself on drugs, I'm keeping an entire world alive. I mean they depend on me and you know it. Anyone who can pet there fish know that. lol It's like your taking care of the ocean, without leaving your living room. If I ever get the urge, I take that money and go buy coral. And then watch it grow. So to conclude, reefkeeping makes me a better person and gives me art in motion all at the same time. Theres nothing like it. Thanx

jayl65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up near the beach and now live in the desert southwest. I love reefing because it gives me a sense of calm having the water and beautiful corals and fish around. I don't have to take a vacation to see the beauty of the ocean. I an just look at my tank and dream away!

jabberkaycee

Aquatic Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this hobby is the peace and relaxation I get from watching my tank. I spend 30 minutes each morning with my coffee and all lights off except the low blue AI lights on and it's a great way to start the day. Just sitting in the dark contemplating on nothing. I do the same thing each evening right before the lights dim out. Watching my tank grow and thrive gives me a feeling of accomplishment. It's a never ending hobby - always changes, challenges and rewards.

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reefkeeping because I get a close up view of an ecosystem that I would otherwise not see. Viewing the close relationship of clownfish and their host anemones. Seeing corals change their shape on a daily basis, and knowing that I am providing them a healthy place to thrive.

It transports me thousands of miles away to pure relaxation.

carmenh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing...
Every night, before I head to bed, I spend some time looking in my reef with a flashlight. Even 2 years into it, it still amazes me. The multitude of often unseen inhabitants that make up my little ecosystem is awe inspiring. Somehow I've managed to create, in a closed environment, a group that interacts symbiotically and thrives in my little glass box. The sense of responsibility is a little intimidating but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Martin's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing, besides all of it would have to be, feeding time, I love to watch all of the coral and inverts aswell as my fish eat and go after food. It relaxes me.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefkeeping is it keeps my busy with interesting and fun project all of the time. Growing up I always enjoying collecting things and growing stuff in the garden. This hobby is a perfect fit for me as it, in some ways, combines both of those interests. Keeping a reef is also very interactive and dynamic, which always keeps it interesting for me, not to mention, it's a constant challenge for myself and helps keep me disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 85 50.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back