Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about reef keeping is that it never gets boring. I am never completely happy with my display so i always look to improve it and always dream of having a larger tank :). Also the vast varieties and colors of corals that can be put into the tank and watching them thrive.

Eynonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the sense of accomplishment watching my corals, and fish thrive in a closed system, when the corals grow we frag them, then sell or give a small piece to the next reefer and so on. Just knowing that that piece us reefers sold or gave away along with 1000's of other reefers will pass on to many more people WILL take pressure off our natural reefs. There isn't many things in life you can enjoy, and make such a difference.

brett027

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about my reef tank is the satifaction of being able to create an oceanlike habitat for my saltwater fish and corals, and it also gives my kids and other people that come over to my house a chance to appreciate the underwater world!!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about reefing is watching the corals grow out. It gives me a sense of achievement while also making me feel good about conservation of the coral reefs. If I am able to grow out corals that fellow hobbiest want, then there would be a small step towards less collecting and more aqua-culturing of these animals.

racefan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to pin down here. I enjoy coming home from a long stressful day & being able to plop down down in front of my tanks & unwind & not have the overwhelming desire to kill every living thing anymore.
I also enjoy growing critters from frags to colonies & when people come over that have never seen a reef tank & they just sit & stare.

wvreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Reasons For Loving This Hobby

I got started in this hobby after waiting 4 years for my wifes chiclids finally go down with the ship so to speak.. I have seen so many different corals in the ocean and in person...I never thought i would ever be able to replicate the reef in the ocean....I have always wanted to do a saltwater system and started doing my research for 4 years before getting started with our first 46 gallon bow....I have met alot of nice people along the way with alot of great advise for us in this hobby and am gratfull to have met them and still talk to them today...We now have a 180 gallon reef in progress and are working on getting our new plasma light going on the tank to have the most natural looking reef tank in my area...to me that is what it is all about trying to make your reef system look as natural as possible...I love the antics but they are not there in the ocean....the smell of saltwater in the air when I open my door when I come home in the evening is like walking right onto the beach in the bahamas, what a relaxing way to spend your evening than watching the fish play and swim with your family...

Thanks, Kelly

Shells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the greatest part of this hobby is sitting with my kids and explaining how corals grow, eat and even poop (the part my son likes the best). We sit and watch the fish swim and corals sway. The relaxation that a tank provides is worth every penny put into it.

paulduong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite part is to watch corals an fish swimming under the actinics lights , it will take all my stress away after a long working day .

stocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I like about this hobby, is all the life that is sustained in a reef aquarium. From pods, to corals, fish, inverts, and everything that you can find on liverock. Almost always something new when you look in the tank.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of this hobby is learning something new every day. There is so much knowledge out there that its a never ending journey. I love talking to people about there favorite TV show that I've never heard of cause I dont watch TV anymore. In 11 years this hobby might have been pushed to the side once or twice but it has never became boring to me in anyway and I hope one day I can pass my passion for it on to my children.

joshnola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing is the learning involved. I enjoy reading and educating myself about the many topics involved in this hobby, the livestock, the chemistry, the equipment, etc.

gonefishey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about reefkeeping is watching my coral frags grow and thrive thats when you know you are doing things the right way. I also enjoy all the friends i have met in my local reef club. we are always helping each other in times of need ie tannk move replenishing corals after a tank crash. helping each other set up new equipment and passing down our knowledge to the newbies.

ace863

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about this hobby is being able to watch the corals and fishes grows. Me and my brother enjoyed the time we've spent on getting our tank setup and getting the right corals in place, it's also a great accomplishment when nothing crashes in your tank. We enjoy just sitting in front of the tank and just constantly watch it.

moliken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that can be done to take pressure off living reefs, such as fragging and replacing what has been destroyed, or breeding fish in home tanks, aquaculturing clams, and just simply the sheer beauty of the undersea world, combining creatures that you'd never see together on a dive are the main reasons i love my two tanks.

miked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is getting small coral fragment and haveing them grow into nice colonies. Also meeting other people with similar interests.

rvlockhart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing has to be watching my fish react when I walk into the room. They get so excited swimming about it's almost like they want you to come over and pet them. Watching the corals and fish grow is such a challenging accomplishment that is sooooo satisfying.

Br0ken68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so nice meeting others that are into the same hobbies as yourself. Gives you the opportunity to not only socialize, but to trade frags, information, techniques etc.

prunfarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the part that I like the most is... Waking my GF up, and dragging her out to places near and far for reef items that I have found on forums and CL. She also loves it when the seller and I talk (for a few minutes :wink:) about tanks, inhabitants, and future plans for reefing. I also enjoy how my tank(s) are like children. I can be so pround on Monday, but be pulling my hair out on Tuesday.

lucidvtec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I'm new to the hobby... bout six months in...... and I'm ADDICTED... I love the challenges involved... reefing has taught me a lot about patience.... its such a pleasure to see all ur hard work actually produce life.... to see the small changes everyday.... all the pre planning involved ..... I look forward to feeding time... and I get lost for hours just staring at my corals and fish....

So why am I so addicted... cause its fun!!!!! And fulfilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back