Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spratocaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the constant learning process involved. When you first start out, you spend your time learning basics like "what equipment do I need", "how many fish can I put in this tank", and "what is all this green stuff on my rocks". Then once you learn the basics there are advanced topics like water chemistry, sps husbandry, etc... It seems that there is always something new to learn.

evb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefkeeping is My fish. My fish crack me up with their behavior and how they interact, plus being a fisherman I watch them to get tips on how to catch their relatives haha. A close second is my little sister and how much she enjoys looking at my tank, it really makes all the $ seem well spent when you can teach a person about conservation, responsibility and the circle of life.

doug864

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple favorite things. One is getting a tiny frag and watch it hopefully grow into a large colony. The other is the beaty of nature with all it's colors that are natural, nothing fake. Even nicer to dive and see it in person which gives you a better idea on setting up your system.
Regards,
Doug

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing is all the equipment ,yes I drive my wife nuts.It's always oh by the way I NEED this for that.She says the olny way I would be happy is if I was always able to be setting a new one up guess what she's right.So far I have set ups in my sons school thanks Avast ant ATB for the hook ups in doing this.I even got the pastor of my chuch set up with a 90 he loves it.We have fish store mondays it's great. woohoo :tongue:

mikrobkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a newbie I enjoy the challenge and the learning experience it gives. Doing the research is also very enjoyable. Hours can go by with total emmersion and gleaning knowledge. Also, meeting other reefers and sharing in their passions and experiences, and the vast differant type of people that indulge in this hobby.

neelix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beauty that develops over the years. New life and creatures that you missed and suddenly they come alive over time. watching life develop and flourish or perish under your care. The relaxation and joy it brings is beyond words, with it comes responsibility and the will to do your best for your tanks inhabitants.

bucksducks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reef keeping is watching all of my new corals grow, watching my frags grow out, and finding small treasures hidden on the rocks of the new corals I bring home. I also like to look at my tank after the lights go off and see all of the life forms that come out to play that you don't see during the daylight hours. The tank looks totally different in the dark.:bigsmile:

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ability to enjoy one of the world's greatest creations in our own living room or office coupled with the most awesome thing ever - LIFE! Watching an entire ecosystem mature and grow. Also making friends and meeting interesting people. And quite possibly the best thing about reef aquariums is Reef2Reef!

Macimage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love to sit in our family room and watch the fish and corals every night while watching television. I also feel a sense of accomplishment to when I see how the two tanks (180 and 225 gallon) have matured over the past 8-10 years.

Happy Reefing~
Joyce

Scoots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the joy which get I from watching my kids and family members as they stare into my tanks. It is as if I relive the joy and excitement I got the first time I looked into a reef tank and said to myself...Wow...someday im gonna have one those...lol

Ostentum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite part of reefing is starting something from a small frag and watching it grow. The trial and error, and the enjoyment of watching beautiful creatures grown and spawn. Also the passing on of the knowledge I have gained through talking with people just as passionate about the hobby as I am. I also enjoy the relaxation of looking at the beauty of the ocean in my home after a long draining day at work.

koga57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The challenge of keeping parameters correct, thus allowing both fish and corals to thrive in our own little ocean miles away from the sea...!!!!

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the feeling you get watching an animal grow and flourish in a home you provided for it.

Fazio92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefkeeping is the challenge and ability to learn something new everyday and in turn using that knowledge to help sustain the future of the hobby. I also love a challenge in the breeding realm and being able to focus on the future of sustainable reefkeeping through captive breeding.

-Anthony

reefwonders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeling has been away for me to see the wonders of the sea in my own home. My kids have learned so much about marine life with my little piece of the ocean. There are so many things that just show up out of the LR that keep me guessing. It's like having a garden and I'm the caretaker.

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about reef kipping is when i sit in front of my tank,look in to and think how god can do evrything so perfect.he dont use overflow,pump,lights and allways evrithig is beautifull and his tank is the planet,belivet or not simply the holy grace of the creator god bless you all reef keppers.

jmreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm digging right now. I got a love for Acans and a while back I received a shipment of a colony from a reefer. Fedex delayed the shipment and the Acan arrived DOA. I was basically SOL. I wasn't really worried about a credit or replacement with a different piece. I really loved that Acan. I decided to leave the skeleton in the tank. 3 months later 5 heads are growing and partials are starting to show up. Amazing Acan! I'll post a pic once I get a decent camera. I love knowing that even when things look like they are at there worst reefing has taught me that patience and good husbandry will bring things back. Don't rush mother nature. Sit back and allow her to do her thing.

justin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about reef is watching fish swim when i let them it. Also it's very nice when u can see all color of fish in big tank. I want 1 bigger tank in my house which 300 gallons to have alot of space for all my show size fish. I love to see fish swim. It's amzing thing.
:angel:

Mosier99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a disabled veteran, my reef tank is my life. i love just sitting back and watching my fish just cruze my tank. i enjoy taking time out of my day to feed my corals and watch them grow. i love having a small peice of perfection and beauty in my home. it's amasing to me how perfect god can be.

DennisW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that my most favorite thing about reefkeeping is all the cool toys. Protein skimmer, reactors, etc. Also, learning new things all the time, mostly on bulletin boards like reef 2 reef. I dig the science and of course, the beauty of the ocean and all it's occupants.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back