May 2024 POTM LPS colony

I’m a noob. I don’t even know how to spell LPS
c90a4fac-1757-44b8-839b-44fd0ec45c51_text.gif
 
A lot of torches entered and I went back and forth on entering a torch garden or picture of a lps zone of my tank, or larger LPS colonies, and I decided my hook would be a picture of something rare. Attached is a photo capturing something I’ve never seen before and hope it gets attention due to its uniqueness and beauty.

This is a massive single head Banana Holy Grail, I bought it a year ago as a single 1 head frag. After approx 13-14 months it’s now pinching to form 6-7 heads, but none are fully independent. This is one large almost clover shaped polyp. I took this shot shortly after lights out, as the torch was closing up. For whatever reason I decided to turn my lights back on, saw this and had to capture it.

The torch in its growth and development has created a striped flesh band, as beautiful and unique as the tentacles themselves. The image is stunning and vibrant and I’m proud to share it with everyone.

Taken with iPhone SE using a orange lens filter, under reefbreeders photon v2 lighting. If anyone is interested in more pics I started a thread around this photo, or you can dm me.
79A471A3-3B5B-4825-BF7E-C934D29B0DCF.jpeg
 
A lot of torches entered and I went back and forth on entering a torch garden or picture of a lps zone of my tank, or larger LPS colonies, and I decided my hook would be a picture of something rare. Attached is a photo capturing something I’ve never seen before and hope it gets attention due to its uniqueness and beauty.

This is a massive single head Banana Holy Grail, I bought it a year ago as a single 1 head frag. After approx 13-14 months it’s now pinching to form 6-7 heads, but none are fully independent. This is one large almost clover shaped polyp. I took this shot shortly after lights out, as the torch was closing up. For whatever reason I decided to turn my lights back on, saw this and had to capture it.

The torch in its growth and development has created a striped flesh band, as beautiful and unique as the tentacles themselves. The image is stunning and vibrant and I’m proud to share it with everyone.

Taken with iPhone SE using an orange lens filter, under reefbreeders photon v2 lighting. If anyone is interested in more pics I started a thread around this photo, or you can dm me.
79A471A3-3B5B-4825-BF7E-C934D29B0DCF.jpeg
Wow - mesmerizing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new