Everything Noopsyche Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why though?

move used my controller like 1 time since I set it up. Not everything needs an app
After reading almost this entire thread,
1: the controller is cludgy at best, inoperable at worst
2: controller doesn’t allow for visualization of spectrum
3: why NOT?! People like apps. Happy people drive sales. Apps are fun to develop. It’s also fun sniffing ble packets and reverse engineering.
4: people, especially reefers, like to automate and optimize and tinker with their gear
5: I want one :)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) more intuitive than the one that comes on the maxspect gyre controller... so that isn’t entirely true. People who had issues quickly understood it when Taught how it works

2-5) fair enough.

I don’t think annoying the company to come out with an app that’ll only serve to drive up the price to cover development is fair to the people that already use and like the system as is.

Third party packet sniffers might be an option

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NP said they will never create an app. It is not feasible for them, they would need to change a bunch of things to get phone/light fixture to connect to one another, and as such costs would go up. As mentioned, once you get lights setup, you dont really need to touch them again. Controller is good enough, once you get how it actually works lol.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone developed an app for these lights yet? @noopsyche have you started development? I hear there are existing apps that, if connected with the correct APIs could decrease development costs. Has anyone sniffed the packets yet?
Chadfish...some, not packets

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think an app would be very helpful, i can control multiple pieces of equipment with apps when I’m on the road

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back