Everything you asked for about light testing. Which is first? You decide! | BRStv Investigates

rayr18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see a T5/LED combo comparison keeping:

T5 -ATI constant
LED variable based on price

ex. ATI +Radions vs ATI + Reefbrite vs ATI + Evergrow ( Chinese)

Thanks,

Ray

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeder photon v2
Zetlight zs7000a
Zetlight 6800a

Also can you consider using a piece of glass with the frost tint they sell at home depot for restroom windows. Id like to see how much it hinders the light vs help blend the wavelenths, reducing the disco ball effect. I got the idea after seeing the new maxspect kight coming out with the frosted outside light bars .

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another awesome video from the BRS team! I would love to see the Maxspect Ethreal led get tested. That's what I am using on my Nuvo 40. This is my first reef tank so I would love to see the par levels and what would be the best setting for coral health.

Joewantabetterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see distribution of lighting of 2 gen 4 radion x30 vs 4 gen 4 radion x15 I want to know if you spread the pucks if you could achieve better distribution by using the x15

sttaelma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see how the Radion G4 performs as the only light option used in a full dominant SPS reef tank. I understand that most of the BRS team prefer a LED T5 Hybrid, but since the G4's giant improvement in par distribution, I'm curious to what effect this counters shadowing and/or hotspots in dominant SPS systems.

I'm eager to know how close you'd have to put them together to have, in such an environment, shadowing comparable to T5
It'd also be interesting to know if it's better to use 2x XR15's instead of XR30's to improve coverage,

grts

Stijn

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS for great informative vids.
One thing that i see lacking is "light Lifts" motorized cable lifting systems for both light fixtures and for hoods. For those of us who would like to be able to move the fixtures up and out of the way for accessing the tank for work.
I am looking forward to this series as I am doing an expansion on my house (with limited space) and will be adding a 140-180 gal tank (my first tank over 55 gal).
Tell the $ watchers that there is a 90% return on all money spent on R&D!!

Famsquad26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys on my reef tank I have a mushroom and some zoathids that are growing under a 50 dollar pet smart light meant for freshwater it's led I believe the wattage is no more than 5 watts as well and there is only 15 leds 10 white and 5 blue, it's been up for 3 months now and no problems with my corals, to me this info says reef lights are a bit over made today for just some one who wants some soft corals, if you like some more info on the light or pictures of the coral and light I can give it to you.

chevegan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see the difference in just using a florescent diffuser like I did. I love the way mine turned out. Coloration is very blended. Not to mention just holding the sheet inches away and it become completely blended, but I think you lose more par this way. I'd love to see if this basic diy can solve every led's problems out there. this is what I did. I got the idea from your review of the Phillips light

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS for great informative vids.
One thing that i see lacking is "light Lifts" motorized cable lifting systems for both light fixtures and for hoods. For those of us who would like to be able to move the fixtures up and out of the way for accessing the tank for work.
I am looking forward to this series as I am doing an expansion on my house (with limited space) and will be adding a 140-180 gal tank (my first tank over 55 gal).
Tell the $ watchers that there is a 90% return on all money spent on R&D!!

I too would love it if you guys could explore light lifting options and possibly sold some. I've been trying to find a good motorized solution for my LED Powermodule for a while now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back