Evil clown eating my torch...

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a clown pair and the female Darwin clown has recently decided to start eating the polyp tips on my torch. Caught her in the act last night and I think it's been going on for 2 days as the torch was not extending.

So I'm curious if this continues... Is a 20 gallon ok for an occ. clown pair? If so I'm thinking of making it a nem/ clown tank. I have a 20 gallon IM nuvo concept peninsula that's is just sitting around and would enjoy another tank....

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of a clown eating a torch perhaps they are trying to host it

OP
OP
W

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of a clown eating a torch perhaps they are trying to host it
Yeah I didn't think it was a fish causing it to recluse, until I saw her bite the little ball off one of it's recessed polyps. I'm not sure if she's trying for a host but it definitely wasn't liking it. It was incessant too she just started going for them one by one until I shooed her away with a turkey baster. Probably bit of around 4-6 tips.
I just added two new redfin fairy wrasses and a goby and she's shown 0 hostility towards any fish mates minus the occasional minor bullying of the male, but she's always done that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back