Evo 13.5 Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter YANITED
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

YANITED

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Location
Manchester
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just wondering if it’s worth paying £240 for the AI Prime 16HD or if I should just go for the Nicrew 50w for £112, the light will be going on an evo 13.5. Thank you
 
I’m just wondering if it’s worth paying £240 for the AI Prime 16HD or if I should just go for the Nicrew 50w for £112, the light will be going on an evo 13.5. Thank you
It rather depends on what your plans are for the tank :)

The standard lighting is fine for LPS/SPS coral.

If you're planning on SPS heavy, then I run my Prime 16HD at 90% so I don't think a lower wattage fitting would work out.

edit: I meant the standard light is good for LPS/Soft Coral. It's no go for SPS.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
the nicrew is a very good budget light, I have a nicrew and an ai prime. The ai prime will be stronger than the nicrew 50 watts. So as mentioned above it depends what kind of corals you want to keep.

Another option is the nicrew 100 watt, which I think is still cheaper than ai prime and although overpowered for that tank, you can turn it down, and it will will be good if you want to upgrade the tank. I run the 100 watt on a 32 gallon.

But there there other options wait for more suggestions. Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
It rather depends on what your plans are for the tank :)

The standard lighting is fine for LPS/SPS coral.

If you're planning on SPS heavy, then I run my Prime 16HD at 90% so I don't think a lower wattage fitting would work out.

edit: I meant the standard light is good for LPS/Soft Coral. It's no go for SPS.
I want to keep all sorts of corals tbh. Sps, lps, softies all sorts so I think I will just go with the AI Prime cause you get what you pay for and i’d rather get the best now rather than have to get one later down the line anyways. Thank you for your reply
 
Upvote 0

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new