Evo 13.5 return pump

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I need recommendations for replacement return pump from the stock. I purchased the sicce 1.0 and doesn’t fit (thank god they returned it) I also have a fluval C1 wavemaker in there.. any recommendations on upgrading that?

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydor pico 300 is what I use... fits perfectly... you will have to change the return line though... the spout is slightly larger than the stock pump.

OP
OP
H

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydor pico 300 is what I use... fits perfectly... you will have to change the return line though... the spout is slightly larger than the stock pump.

How’s its noise? I can’t have it loud.. it the living room. Fiancé would kill me haha

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, didn't see your second question... for circulation, I use two Aqamai KPS... I'm sure you might be able to potentially use one... it's a variable pump up to 1050gph

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s its noise? I can’t have it loud.. it the living room. Fiancé would kill me haha
It's super quiet... much more so than the fluval... I've had a second one to replace a faulty pump in another tank.

The pico 180 in tank ones are loud but the 300 is quiet

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I need recommendations for replacement return pump from the stock. I purchased the sicce 1.0 and doesn’t fit (thank god they returned it) I also have a fluval C1 wavemaker in there.. any recommendations on upgrading that?
I have a Fluval 13.5 and my return pump is a Sicce syncra silent 1.0. Seems to fit just perfectly with room to spare in chamber 3. It is even a little too powerful I think for this tank, the next time I pull it out to clean it I may turn it down a bit. FYI, I also have a Cobalt MJ1200 pump in the same chamber, feeding my external media reactor. There is enough room to the side of the Sicce at the bottom that the intake filter head for the MJ1200 fits next to the Sicce in the same space.

In chamber 3, I also have 3 Apex probes, 2 Apex ATO eyes, a heater, 2 Apex DOS lines, and 2 3/8" pvc pipes to my media reactor. So, yeah, it's about the most packed chamber 3 ever :)

I bought the Aqamai KPS wavemaker and have been very happy with it. You can't put it on your network (it's one big downfall is that you have to connect to it's own wifi), but I find that I never mess with it now that it is setup. I'd highly recommend it for this tank.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5 and my return pump is a Sicce syncra silent 1.0. Seems to fit just perfectly with room to spare in chamber 3. It is even a little too powerful I think for this tank, the next time I pull it out to clean it I may turn it down a bit. FYI, I also have a Cobalt MJ1200 pump in the same chamber, feeding my external media reactor. There is enough room to the side of the Sicce at the bottom that the intake filter head for the MJ1200 fits next to the Sicce in the same space.

In chamber 3, I also have 3 Apex probes, 2 Apex ATO eyes, a heater, 2 Apex DOS lines, and 2 3/8" pvc pipes to my media reactor. So, yeah, it's about the most packed chamber 3 ever :)

I bought the Aqamai KPS wavemaker and have been very happy with it. You can't put it on your network (it's one big downfall is that you have to connect to it's own wifi), but I find that I never mess with it now that it is setup. I'd highly recommend it for this tank.
Whoa! That's an intense amount of things going on in Chamber 3... what are you stocking to need so much goodness?

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! That's an intense amount of things going on in Chamber 3... what are you stocking to need so much goodness?
Well, I put a refugium in Chamber 2, so there really wasn't any room for carbon/GFO since did want to keep my protein skimmer in Chamber 1. That's really the reason for the external media reactor (it's not really necessary, but frees up some space). I'll have to figure out a way to take a picture some time of Chamber 3, but I'm pretty sure there isn't even a spare mm or 2 anymore. I'm sure if Neptune releases the Trident I'll figure some way to fit it :)

I'm really only 2 months into my build, but I have a fair amount of corals and another 3 fish coming out of QT this week. Here's a current pic.
Aqauarium Picture.jpg

OP
OP
H

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I bought this on amazon how or which return line do I need?

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, did you get the sicce 1.0 to fit in chamber 3 and the return line that came with the evo or did you have to mod one up, would also a sicce 0.5 be enough flow or would you recoment the 1.5 thanks

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, did you get the sicce 1.0 to fit in chamber 3 and the return line that came with the evo or did you have to mod one up, would also a sicce 0.5 be enough flow or would you recoment the 1.5 thanks

I have the 1.0 in chamber 3 with the intake closed about 50%. It fits nicely but u have to push it a little over the lip that protrudes from chamber 2 into chamber 3 near the bottom. The 1.0 is way too much flow for this tank (even with the intake turned down) so I have a 0.5 on order as recommended by another post in this thread. 1.5 would be insane amount of flow and I suspect nothing would be happy at all.

Regarding the tube: I don’t know if the tube is stock or not as I received the tank with the 1.0 installed from the last guy.

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1.0 in chamber 3 with the intake closed about 50%. It fits nicely but u have to push it a little over the lip that protrudes from chamber 2 into chamber 3 near the bottom. The 1.0 is way too much flow for this tank (even with the intake turned down) so I have a 0.5 on order as recommended by another post in this thread. 1.5 would be insane amount of flow and I suspect nothing would be happy at all.

Regarding the tube: I don’t know if the tube is stock or not as I received the tank with the 1.0 installed from the last guy.

Thanks buddy, 0.5 it is then, tank is away on it cycle so got plenty of time to adjust a few things, also got the intank baskets in chamber 1 and 2.

1HP8aqs.jpg

6ltswGh.jpg

VTBig053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Sicce Syncra 0.5 in my EVO 13.5 and it's been working great. Gotta shimmy it a bit to get past the lip from Chamber 2, but once its past that, it fits fine with some room to spare. I have the adjustable flow open all the way so its running about 185 GPH through. I believe the stock fluval pump was rated at about 130 GPH, but I am not sure I was even getting that from it. I also run a Jebao SW-2 on the W2 setting at the lowest intensity. I just order an Aqamai KPS last night to replace the Jebao since its been flaking out on me recently. I couldn't justify spending $200 (or more) on a used MP10QD that I would always keep at the lowest setting and even then it might still be too much for the tank.

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Sicce Syncra 0.5 in my EVO 13.5 and it's been working great. Gotta shimmy it a bit to get past the lip from Chamber 2, but once its past that, it fits fine with some room to spare. I have the adjustable flow open all the way so its running about 185 GPH through. I believe the stock fluval pump was rated at about 130 GPH, but I am not sure I was even getting that from it. I also run a Jebao SW-2 on the W2 setting at the lowest intensity. I just order an Aqamai KPS last night to replace the Jebao since its been flaking out on me recently. I couldn't justify spending $200 (or more) on a used MP10QD that I would always keep at the lowest setting and even then it might still be too much for the tank.

I have the aqamai kps and love it. They just updated the software so you can connect it to your WiFi network which is a huge improvement over having to connect directly to its WiFi.

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I overkill mine with 2 KPS on top of using a hydro Pico 300 wide open as my return... lol

VTBig053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I overkill mine with 2 KPS on top of using a hydro Pico 300 wide open as my return... lol

Hah, I have a lot of SPS in mine so I need the flow but the MP10 just seemed like way too much. My clam already gets cranky when the SW-2 is set too high, hah. I also looked at the new Ice Cap 1k Gyre but didn't think I had enough space for a pump with that size footprint.

Last edited:

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the stock tubing that comes with the fluval pump fit the sicce 0.5, is it hard again to get the 0.5 pump out for cleaning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back