clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get some info on these.

I have a 60"x18"x24"deep tank.

Thus far I have narrowed the choices down to these three. My budget is under $1000. So I can't go for all the bells and whistles right now.

The Reef Filtration it looks like i'll need to buy two fixtures total price - $940

BoostLED - I'll need three fixtures $900

Evolution Light 120w - I think i'll need 3 total of $960

The Reef Filtration one looks like it will get higher par ratings, but it might be too high for the tank.

Can anyone tell me the difference between BoostLED and Evolution? They look the same?

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of the Chinese made fixture look thesame but it doesn't mean they have the same internals. I don't know much about the boost LEDs but quite a few people on here have the reefkoi light and everyone seems to love them. Luke also has a new Cree LED fixture right now for an awesome price. I was going to pull the trigger on those but I'm not sure if they'd be blue enough for me. Par on those is in between the reefkoi and Luke's other fixtures. Check them out on his forum.

OP
OP
C

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I didn't know he had new one's in as they are not on his website. I like the price of them, but I think I'm going to hold out for the 20K models. I might as well do it right the first time.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does your tank have 1 center brace or 2. there is a 30" evolution

ctsps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same tank you do,im waiting for my lights from luke i got them custom 60-40 blue to white.Lukes fixture is 3w bulbs,evolution is 1w,i have the evolution over a frag tank and love it,also no optics on the evo,lukes has 60 degree,i would recomend lukes for your app

ctsps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry,luke is reef filtration,im not sure if he has units avail,i ordered mine and it hasnt come in yet

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the reefkio i think this is the third time i promoted this brand tonight. also its one of the only china brand that comes with a two year warranty and lukes a great guy who will cover you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back