Excaliburs Nano

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently converted my pico frag tank into a pico reef tank. Timing was fortunate as I needed to move a violent clown out my 20g. Hoping to convert my gfs im15 Nuvo fresh water tank into a salt tank for the clown. We will see how that goes.

This tank is a lifeguard aquatics 4g peninsula. Using a Kessil a80 on a smart plug. Helio 30 watt heater, filter sponge and floss for mechanical filtration, and siporax bio media. Doing 50%+ water change weekly. Bare bottom for easy maintenance.

Frag tank mode. Got really bored with this setup because I didn’t trust anything other than softies in it. It served well to mount softy frags and things of that nature. It also served as a hospital tank when my clown had severe body rot.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

I didn’t wanna invest too much money into this build at this point so I went with the cheap white rock. Bought maybe 5 pounds to break up and cement together. Big mistake, the white rock is awful to cut or break and is so incredibly silty.
IMG_1397.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

Got a cool nem for the clown fish. Hopefully he likes it lol
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently converted my pico frag tank into a pico reef tank. Timing was fortunate as I needed to move a violent clown out my 20g. Hoping to convert my gfs im15 Nuvo fresh water tank into a salt tank for the clown. We will see how that goes.

This tank is a lifeguard aquatics 4g peninsula. Using a Kessil a80 on a smart plug. Helio 30 watt heater, filter sponge and floss for mechanical filtration, and siporax bio media. Doing 50%+ water change weekly. Bare bottom for easy maintenance.

Frag tank mode. Got really bored with this setup because I didn’t trust anything other than softies in it. It served well to mount softy frags and things of that nature. It also served as a hospital tank when my clown had severe body rot.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

I didn’t wanna invest too much money into this build at this point so I went with the cheap white rock. Bought maybe 5 pounds to break up and cement together. Big mistake, the white rock is awful to cut or break and is so incredibly silty.
IMG_1397.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

Got a cool nem for the clown fish. Hopefully he likes it lol
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg
Great looking tank!

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends Tank recently crashed and he decided to tear it down. Got a batch of rough corals from him and hoping they can be brought back into healthy condition. Funny that this happens when I no longer have a frag tank lol
IMG_1889.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends Tank recently crashed and he decided to tear it down. Got a batch of rough corals from him and hoping they can be brought back into healthy condition. Funny that this happens when I no longer have a frag tank lol
IMG_1889.jpeg
Hopefully those coral will recover fine!

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digi frag in this tank is presenting new polyps with bright yellow centers. The mother of this frag has stayed green throughout the year I’ve had it in my main tank. Interesting to see this color change
IMG_1947.jpeg
IMG_1946.jpeg

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown loves its nem. Noticed the nem coloring up more and getting a bit darker green.
IMG_1968.jpeg

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this rock scape at reefapalooza and can’t wait to setup the 15g Im Nuvo. I’m going to transfer everything from the pico to the 15g and use the pico as a future hospital tank.
IMG_1943.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this rock scape at reefapalooza and can’t wait to setup the 15g Im Nuvo. I’m going to transfer everything from the pico to the 15g and use the pico as a future hospital tank.
IMG_1943.jpeg
That rock looks cool!

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good a week after swapping tanks. All the rescue corals have survived and seem to be happy. Going to upgrade lightning soon on this tank.
IMG_2131.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back