0   0   0
IMG_2538.jpeg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently converted my pico frag tank into a pico reef tank. Timing was fortunate as I needed to move a violent clown out my 20g. Hoping to convert my gfs im15 Nuvo fresh water tank into a salt tank for the clown. We will see how that goes.

This tank is a lifeguard aquatics 4g peninsula. Using a Kessil a80 on a smart plug. Helio 30 watt heater, filter sponge and floss for mechanical filtration, and siporax bio media. Doing 50%+ water change weekly. Bare bottom for easy maintenance.

Frag tank mode. Got really bored with this setup because I didn’t trust anything other than softies in it. It served well to mount softy frags and things of that nature. It also served as a hospital tank when my clown had severe body rot.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

I didn’t wanna invest too much money into this build at this point so I went with the cheap white rock. Bought maybe 5 pounds to break up and cement together. Big mistake, the white rock is awful to cut or break and is so incredibly silty.
IMG_1397.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

Got a cool nem for the clown fish. Hopefully he likes it lol
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg
Pretty sure I just bought this same tank!!!

Yours is looking good so far! More inspiration to set mine up!

Last edited:

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you doing a pico reef in yours?
Probably. . . Just gotta get my wife to say yes. . . or not notice. . .

It's sitting in the living room empty right now so that should be a good hint to her!

I Like these Lifegard tanks but. . . the AIO design is odd in my opinion. I plan on blocking the bottom intake and cutting the foam it comes with in half, leaving the bottom open for the heater and the bio media. . . ATO will go with the pump.

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably. . . Just gotta get my wife to say yes. . . or not notice. . .

It's sitting in the living room empty right now so that should be a good hint to her!

I Like these Lifegard tanks but. . . the AIO design is odd in my opinion. I plan on blocking the bottom intake and cutting the foam it comes with in half, leaving the bottom open for the heater and the bio media. . . ATO will go with the pump.
I honestly did like the tank overall! But the small dual aio chamber was a challenge for sure. I put a sicce return pump in there and a sicce voyager nano in the display portion.

The filter side I removed the big pad and used some fluval filter sponge from Petco with filter floss piece on top. I had the bio media underneath that. It was a detritus trap in there but it worked decent overall.
i had tried to build a custom media rack for it but never finished it off.

It was cool cuz you can easily do 100% water changes.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I honestly did like the tank overall! But the small dual aio chamber was a challenge for sure. I put a sicce return pump in there and a sicce voyager nano in the display portion.

The filter side I removed the big pad and used some fluval filter sponge from Petco with filter floss piece on top. I had the bio media underneath that. It was a detritus trap in there but it worked decent overall.

I though about trying making a media rack too haha but my acrylic skills are a little lacking!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Are you still using the a80 on the 15 gallon? What "settings" are you using if so. I have one on my 10 gallon and I can't quite get it dialed in where I want it.

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using the a80 on the 15 gallon? What "settings" are you using if so. I have one on my 10 gallon and I can't quite get it dialed in where I want it.
I’m using an a160 on the 15g now.

When I was using the a80 I had it set at full output power and 70% blue. I think around 6 in from surface of water. A80 is hard to get right I didn’t have great results with it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back