• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Exceptional Experience with Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Layton (OR)

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Just wanted to take a minute to highlight the great experience I had ordering from Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish. Let me start off by saying, this isn't Amazon Prime, and I came into this expecting to wait, which was worth it to me to not have to set up my own quarantine tank. If you want an order to ship next day, there are other options available. If you want someone that clearly cares a whole lot about the fish and the service they provide, and to not have to worry about quarantining on your own, I would highly recommend this vendor.

I placed two orders, staggered by a couple weeks as I wanted to go slow with adding livestock to the new tank. First order was placed June 6th, for clean up crew and two Clownfish. Second order was placed June 23rd for a Whitetail Bristletooth Tang and a Fire Shrimp. I work from home so I indicated no special shipping instruction or specific days. Everything went as described on the website, received invoice a week before each shipment.

The first order arrived last Wednesday July 20th. Everything arrived alive and happy. The Clownfish were eating everything in sight by the next morning, and they are beautiful, in perfect condition. Cleanup crew got right to work. The second order arrived today, and again everything showed up in perfect condition. The tang is already eating, minutes after adding to the tank, and even more beautiful than the clowns!

Overall I am extremely pleased with my experience and will be a long time returning customer. Highly recommend. Just want to reiterate what I said at the beginning. It takes time to acquire and quarantine fish, let them do their thing, place your order and be patient. I know this is asking a lot for millennials like myself that are used to instant gratification, but it is worth the wait.

Side note, if you aren't signed up for UPS My Choice, USPS Informed Delivery, and Fed Ex Delivery Manager, you should be! You get much more detailed notifications around the actual time of the delivery, and options to hold at a hub if you are worried about the package riding around in a truck all day.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back