Excessive Microbubbles | Ice Cap Nano Skimmer (((VIDEO)))

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fellow Reefers, not sure if anyone ran into this issue ((Excessive Microbubbles)) from the Ice Cap Nano Skimmer. I have had it less than a month now or close to it. It ran perfectly the first three weeks. However, in the last 4 days, the skimmer just started to produce an excessive amount of microbubbles and filling the collection up within minutes (less than 5 minutes). The skimmer at one point did collect some GOOD dark skimmer but just stop recently. I have it on an IM Nano 20 in the Skimmer Refugium. The videos below are done within minutes of each other after dumping out the collection cup...Any thoughts?

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you started dosing something? Have you tried adjusting it with the level adjustment knob?
Hi, thx for your reply. I am dosing Tropic Marin ALL for Reef and ReefAB+..similar to the same 3 weeks ago, daily on a regular schedule. But as I mentioned, 3 or 4 days ago, the Microbubbles just kept going and going

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back