Excitied about new Tang

EyeCatchingCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
24
Location
OHIO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very excited to get this new fish I just bought from LA. It is awesome. I really enjoy rare tangs. I already have a Gem and A black tang.
 

Attachments

  • 1021081-001.jpg
    1021081-001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 312
yeah what is it?
i thought scopas at first too but then the yellow and that dark patch
is it a hybrid of some sort?
 
Nice fish Jim-refresh his water and forward him out to sin city, I have a good home for him.
 
They had it as a scopas tang and I think so far that is what it is. It is one of the abberrant tangs. Sometimes they come in with rare color patches. You can find several floating around in the hobby and they all look different. I love these fish. I will post pics when i get him in. Its cool for me to get stuff like this. I love this hobby and it will always be a hobby to me no matter what. I always get excited when corals or fish are coming in the mail lol. Thanks for all the kind words.
 
Last edited:
You may be kept waiting a while longer...this thread is from 2008. :-)
 
We had the tang for about 2 years but then we sold it to one of our customers at the time. It kept most of the yellow color but lost all of the blue color in its face after a few months. I think back then we posted several pictures of it on our website but they seem to be long gone. We had it in a huge fiberglass raceway coral system so it was not an easy fish to photo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new