Exclusive R2R Discount Code for DinkinsAquaticGardens.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CODE HAS EXPIRED. STAY TUNED FOR NEW CODES IN THE FUTURE!

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens is proud to partner with Reef2Reef as a Diamond Sponsor, and we're dropping the following discount code as a way of saying "thank you" to the community that brought us into reefing and does so much to support the hobby. Please use the following code for 15% off all orders (including subscriptions) placed on our website through July 31:

Simply add products to your cart at dinkinsaquaticgardens.com and enter the discount code R2R-DIAMOND-15

Make your corals think they never left the ocean with Dinkins Aquatic Gardens Live Phyto & Pods! We offer the following products:

Live Phyto Blend - Feed your corals and your microfauna with our blend of six different species of live phyto to provide the optimal nutritional profile for your reef. You wouldn't feed your kids exclusively one type of food - why would you feed your reef only one or two species of phyto?

Reef Snacklebox - Three species of copepods and a generous helping of rotifers feed your corals and finicky fish. The Tigriopus, Apocyclops, and Tisbe pods will also colonize your refugium and rocks, cleaning up the detritus that gets stuck in hard-to-reach areas.

Snacklepack Combo - Maximize your tank's biodiversity by combining a 16 ounce Reef Snacklebox with a 16 ounce bottle of Live Phyto Blend.

Pick Your Pods 2-Pack - Pick two bottles of our single-species copepods (choose from Tigriopus, Apocyclops, and Tisbe). Feel free to mix-and-match, or just order two bottles of your favorite!

Flat-rate Two Day Shipping is $15 - with Live Delivery Guarantee, shipped in insulated coolers with ice packs. Yes - even in this crazy heat, your order WILL arrive alive!

You can message me here or order directly from http://www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com. We also offer monthly subscriptions with a 20% discount. All products are offered in 16 ounces bottles, as well has half-gallon and gallon jugs. You save big with our half gallon and gallon sizes!

We do offer wholesale pricing to LFS and other commercial customers - message me for details!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens is proud to partner with Reef2Reef as a Diamond Sponsor, and we're dropping the following discount code as a way of saying "thank you" to the community that brought us into reefing and does so much to support the hobby. Please use the following code for 15% off all orders (including subscriptions) placed on our website through July 31:

Simply add products to your cart at dinkinsaquaticgardens.com and enter the discount code R2R-DIAMOND-15

Amazing and thank you!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very nice. Soon will be Pod restoration time for me !!!

welcome75.png
welcome to r2r !!!

CactusReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great phytoplankton !!!
Their communication and customer service is the BEST in the industry.

NO silly forms to fill out or delayed emails if there happens to be an issue.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I looked on the website and didn't see anything about the density of the copepods in each bottle.

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I looked on the website and didn't see anything about the density of the copepods in each bottle.

Good question! I'm working on perfecting a counting technique where I take several small samples, count the pods in each sample, and extrapolate. But to be honest, I haven't quite perfected it yet and I don't want to give misleading information. I'll say that we aim for several thousand pods in each bottle, and try for 5k+ in the Snacklebox. Three people have to approve every bottle before we ship it out (myself, my wife, and my oldest son), and there's an entire "graveyard" box of empty bottles* where one of us didn't think the density was sufficient and ordered it remade.

We have a very large number of pods under production, so we don't want to be stingy. Plus, we've worked very hard to build our reputation and wouldn't want a "weak" bottle of pods to tank it. To date, we've received very positive feedback. If you'd like to order some and see for yourself, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. No hoops, no BS, just total satisfaction or your money back.

*Don't worry, we wash and reuse them.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good question! I'm working on perfecting a counting technique where I take several small samples, count the pods in each sample, and extrapolate. But to be honest, I haven't quite perfected it yet and I don't want to give misleading information. I'll say that we aim for several thousand pods in each bottle, and try for 5k+ in the Snacklebox. Three people have to approve every bottle before we ship it out (myself, my wife, and my oldest son), and there's an entire "graveyard" box of empty bottles* where one of us didn't think the density was sufficient and ordered it remade.

We have a very large number of pods under production, so we don't want to be stingy. Plus, we've worked very hard to build our reputation and wouldn't want a "weak" bottle of pods to tank it. To date, we've received very positive feedback. If you'd like to order some and see for yourself, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. No hoops, no BS, just total satisfaction or your money back.

*Don't worry, we wash and reuse them.
Thank-you for getting back to me so fast.
I understand it would be difficult to give a accurate count.
As a older person whose eyes don't work like they use to, I have rely on posted numbers. ( been using a magnifying glass for more than just a few years for many tasks).

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank-you for getting back to me so fast.
I understand it would be difficult to give a accurate count.
As a older person whose eyes don't work like they use to, I have rely on posted numbers. ( been using a magnifying glass for more than just a few years for many tasks).

I completely understand! My eyes aren't quite what they used to be either; I have to use reading glasses while lighting the bottle from underneath. They're tiny little creatures!

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my subscription. Really hope this works out. I've been ordering phyto from another retailer and it always smelled like death when I opened the bottles. I appreciate Dinkins speaking directly to this issue and guaranteeing against it.

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so glad to see your subscription! We'll get that shipped out to you Monday via UPS Two Day. It definitely won't smell like death - the only way that happens is if it actually dies in transit. It will probably smell pretty "gross" (the brown algae we use tends to smell sickly sweet) but definitely not like death!

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

Maybe I missed it on your website but where in DFW are you located? And do you allow pick-up?

Thanks

We're in Flower Mound and would be happy for you to swing by and pick some up! Just shoot me a PM and we can arrange it.

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW I received my order last week, very happy with the order and the thank you card was a nice touch.

Wonderful-I'm so glad you and your reef are happy! Thank you so much for your order-we appreciate you greatly!!

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been amazed at what pods do for a tank, They are the ultimate clean up crew!

I agree completely! When I started adding pods to our reef tank, everything started settling nicely and all the cyano is gone - either eaten or simply out-competed!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back