Experience with the Red Stingray (Hemitrygon akajei)?

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
4,283
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FC395091-6BD5-49D1-B1CA-04E9108739C7.jpeg

550A4DE2-A857-4329-AF7A-67B410083B8E.jpeg

Red stingrays at the Lotte World Aquarium.

Has anyone had any experience caring for the Red stingray (Hemitrygon akajei)? All I have heard about their specific requirements is that they prefer temperatures between 15 °C and 25 °C (though I would imagine their care is similar to that of the Southern stingray (Hypanus americanus)). They seem to be somewhat popular with Japanese and Korean hobbyists as juveniles, despite growing a meter across.

Examples in home aquaria/on sale:

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/uonomichi/shark-16.html
There are more that I cannot find. I will post later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new