Experienced freshwater, diving into saltwater

My first suggestion -- Smaller tank = faster changes.

If you want a successful tank, it'll behoove you to pick a larger tank. With that, of course, comes cost... But i would recommend a 40g breeder (36x18x18) or at the least a 20g Long aquarium.

So true, the changes in water chemistry occur very fast. I've got down a dosing schedule but if the opportunity ever presented itself where I can upgrade I would. I would imagine a larger tank would be easier.
 
giphy-6.gif


Jump in, the water's fine! Welcome to R2R! :)
 
Lol. Well sometimes we dont look at the OP original date. Maybe hell give us an update on the system then hahah

Check out my build thread, I just updated it the other day so you can skip to the end if you don’t want to read the whole thing. :)

Classroom BioCube
 
Welcome! I’m a freshie too :) it’s a whole different world for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new