Experiences with Acro survival/health post Fed-Ex delivery delay

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a frag delivery from TCK today, travelling from NY to CA. Due to Fed-Ex delays, they will now deliver tomorrow. I'm curious how your frags have come out of this if you've experienced similar.

While the frags may not arrive DOA, was there a slow decline in health over the next few days, ultimately leading to death?
Did your vendor make an exception and extend their guarantee out several days due to the additional 24 hour delay?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a frag delivery from TCK today, travelling from NY to CA. Due to Fed-Ex delays, they will now deliver tomorrow. I'm curious how your frags have come out of this if you've experienced similar.

While the frags may not arrive DOA, was there a slow decline in health over the next few days, ultimately leading to death?
Did your vendor make an exception and extend their guarantee out several days due to the additional 24 hour delay?
Send them the email for the delay, see what they say?!
Communication is always the best way.

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have. Their response was just send them pics if DOA, but did not address my question on an extended warranty.

My thread here is more about trying to see what others' experience has been, more so on how your frags fared in the days/weeks after.

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on corals surviving a 24 hour delay. Bought a frag that sat overnight in local shipping facility. Showed up first thing the next morning with the polyps still out on the cold bag.

Had a box delivered to a wrong address and hour away, in very cold weather for us, and lost a dozen plus pieces.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have. Their response was just send them pics if DOA, but did not address my question on an extended warranty.

My thread here is more about trying to see what others' experience has been, more so on how your frags fared in the days/weeks after.
Extended warranty? why would any vendor do that?
one suggestion is to not ship in the winter or the heat of summer, and generally if you are shipping to use air , even then flights get off schedule

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extended warranty? why would any vendor do that?
one suggestion is to not ship in the winter or the heat of summer, and generally if you are shipping to use air , even then flights get off schedule
It was a question, not an expectation. While not expected, if a vendor is willing to modify their warranty based on a circumstance like this, it creates good will, is a sign of going above and beyond, and creates repeat customers.

I understand it's not the vendor's fault. But it's also not the customer's fault. No one wants to be out money on either side so a compromise between both parties is worth the ask.

OP
OP
T

tbone28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took delivery today, and none were DOA, and in fact looked pretty good! The frags were triple-bagged, with a heat pack included. Did a slow acclimation and polyps were out pretty quickly after tank introduction.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The last Time Fed Ex messed up mine they sent my corals to Vermont when I live in new Hampshire. Then they wanted me to drive to Vermont and pick them up. Which I refused.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back