Expired PraziPro

Thomasflynn15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought PraziPro on clearance at my LFS back in 2021 that expired 4/2020. It was on clearance because it was already expired obviously but still usable at the time. It being 2023 and opening it in 2021, it’s been opened for about 2 years. Should I trust it since it’s been stored in stable conditions or just buy a new one?

Also, if I were to follow through with this med can polyfilter pad be in the QT tank filter? Or should I just run filter floss?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I bought PraziPro on clearance at my LFS back in 2021 that expired 4/2020. It was on clearance because it was already expired obviously but still usable at the time. It being 2023 and opening it in 2021, it’s been opened for about 2 years. Should I trust it since it’s been stored in stable conditions or just buy a new one?

Also, if I were to follow through with this med can polyfilter pad be in the QT tank filter? Or should I just run filter floss?
It has glycol and may have lost its strength- may be useless being it was opened already

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not sure of the criteria that they use for expiration of that product, but people have commented on color changes with it that likely indicate changes in the product itself - that is almost 4 years out of date, I'd discard it. If it looks brown or pink, definitely discard it.

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081: "The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends never taking drugs beyond their expiration date as it is risky with many unknown variables. For example, how your drug is stored before you receive it, chemical make-up, and original manufacturing date can all affect potency of a drug."

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree with @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081: "The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends never taking drugs beyond their expiration date as it is risky with many unknown variables. For example, how your drug is stored before you receive it, chemical make-up, and original manufacturing date can all affect potency of a drug."
BTW the reason for posting this is there is an 'expiration date' and a 'sell-by date'. I was not sure whether the dates on Prescriptions were sell by or expiration. They are definitely expiration!

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure of the criteria that they use for expiration of that product, but people have commented on color changes with it that likely indicate changes in the product itself - that is almost 4 years out of date, I'd discard it. If it looks brown or pink, definitely discard it.

Jay
What color is it suppose to be orange ? My exp date rubbed off and can’t make it out

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is it suppose to be orange ? My exp date rubbed off and can’t make it out
There is some discussion about if it changes to orange, is it still good? the jury is still out on that. Maybe contact Hikari directly.

Jay

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely discard. I use expired foods religiously but if there is even minor potency loss you risk introducing disease into your system. Prazi is cheap.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely discard. I use expired foods religiously but if there is even minor potency loss you risk introducing disease into your system. Prazi is cheap.
The issue is that my leopard wrasse is breathing hard and , that i want to resize asap, I dosed about 2.5 ml of prazipro yesterday , and a buddy is giving me some later which is clear “

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back