expired turbo starter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter QFlo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

QFlo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 4oz Fritz Turbo 900 at LFS, all of their stock bottles had a best used by date of 12/7/21. I research and found that it has a 6ish months shelf life refrigerated. now is 8/7/21. It smells really funky, but I use it anyways. is this something I should be worried about? I'm planning to set up a 10g QT tank too and if I should use the leftover?
 
Use it all
If you put in 1ppm ammonia. Something like Dr Tims. Test the level then test in 1 week If in 1 week the level goes down you know the bacterai in that stinky bottle was still good
 
Use it all
If you put in 1ppm ammonia. Something like Dr Tims. Test the level then test in 1 week If in 1 week the level goes down you know the bacterai in that stinky bottle was still good
ok, gotcha. thanks... I will keep updated. i remember one of the employees was a bit surprised when I brought the date up, then she just says it can last yrs?!?!
 
no they have a legit expiry date but then again i used to drink gallons of choc milk for ten cents as a youth bc expired 2 days/still nice. its not that we were shopping for chocolate milk but when its ten cents are you going to not buy it

I like Lapin's assessment. you'll see movement down in a few days if its legit/any cells left.
 
ok, gotcha. thanks... I will keep updated. i remember one of the employees was a bit surprised when I brought the date up, then she just says it can last yrs?!?!

She does not know what she is talking about then.

I hope they were just not storing it on shelves or wherever.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new