Exrenal Protein Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter puccie1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

puccie1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
270
Reaction score
66
Location
Palm Beach County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me any insight to which one would be better for a 575 gallon tank?

SRO 6000ext Recirculating External Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus​

or

Reef Octopus Regal 300-ext Recirculating Protein Skimmer​


I would greatly appreciate any input ,Thanks
 
If it were me, I'd go with the 300-ext. Looks to have identical bioload limits, but it comes with a DC pump. It's going to be quiet (comparitively) and it has a greater water draw.

I'm presuming you're aiming for a heavy bioload with your tank goals?
 
I have been looking at these skimmers https://www.rk2.com/protein-skimmers.php
This is a rock-solid company and their stuff just works.
I would definitely go external to the sump if that is an viable option.

P.S. @PJ I used a wide range of ETSS skimmers with great success. I am surprised you found the skimmer to be properly made. AE Tech, the manufacturer, was local to me.
Be well and regards
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new