EXT 170 Build

Some better pics.
2 new frags
Top Tora
Bottom Pink Highlighter
Hungs rainbow, starting to show some growth/color/encrusting.
Shortcake?
Wild Indo
20250206_120702.jpg
20250206_120457.jpg
20250206_120500.jpg
20250206_120506.jpg
 
Still have not caught the mantis.
I do have 6+ snails I call mobile fuges, lol.
20250221_144737.jpg
do you know what that leafy algae is? I have some small amounts of that growing as well.
 
do you know what that leafy algae is? I have some small amounts of that growing as well.
Not sure but I think it is some kind of sea lettuce. Came in on Gulf Live Rock.
 
I harvest this algae from the overflow once a week.

Caught a small gorilla crab in an Indo colony. It had eaten some flesh. I put it in the sump.
Took a frag from it and put in other system.
20250301_103306.jpg
20250301_103707.jpg
20250301_110429.jpg
 
Looking great, wild how the experienced guys like yourself can make it look just so easy. Im
Jealous of your coralline growth also mine only seems to grow on the rock…. Just giving it time
He has taught me much...
As far as coraline goes, I think it's all about good rocks. Just re read this thread.., he put rocks in a tank with light and flow- coraline was there within weeks... dry rock changes everything.
 
1 year today! Where does the time go?
Tank is doing well and starting to take off now. Everything is growing well with good color.
Photons have been turned up over the last several weeks and I just took some readings.
I'm getting 450-550 across the rocks now. 250-300 on the ends, and 400 in the front.
Red & green at 60%
White at 80%
Blues and violets 90%
Or4's at 100%
20250416_152829.jpg
20250416_152910.jpg
20250416_152859.jpg
 
Forgot to check 1 year parameters yesterday.
Today:
Ph swing 7.9-8.2
Temp 77
Sg 1.0265
Alk
Hanna-7.67
Salifert-7.6
Red Sea-7.8
Ca 475
Mag 1320
Po4-.037
No3-2
Nice stable numbers at 1 year.
20250416_152855.jpg
20250416_152837.jpg
 
Replace Kamoer tube after 1 year.
It was very flattened. I will change every 6 months now.

I brought my Flourine levels up 2 days ago.
2 months ago it was .69 from icp. I brought it up to 1.2.
Surf and Turf stag now has the blue back in its tips.
Oregon Tort looks darker.
Not going to dose but will monitor the 2 to see if the blue stays or fades.
 
Your tank is looking great!
Did you ever catch the mantis?
Nope it's still there. I try a couple times a week and catch snails and crabs, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new