Exterior Peeling

FenrirAysen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2025
Messages
138
Reaction score
164
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be concerned with this exterior peeling? Aqueon 40 Breeder 4 months old laser leveled on stand.
20250608_202341.jpg
 
It just looks like extra silicone sticking out of the seam to me, unless there are air gaps showing in the seam between the glass panes. Hard to tell from the pic.
 
It just looks like extra silicone sticking out of the seam to me, unless there are air gaps showing in the seam between the glass panes. Hard to tell from the pic.

Yeah I don't see any airbubbles or anything like that. There's a lot of extra silicon on the external seams and I assume it was because QA was extra paranoid that day. Hard to tell. It bugged me out because I hadn't noticed it there before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new